zcon or hdc4

Slobalt

CarAudio.com Elite
I'm not looking to see which sub will take more power, I know that answer. I have a zx2500 to power either, which will give me better performance with this kind of power?

Slot ported box in the trunk, I’m looking for both sq and spl. I’m leaning toward the zcon but let me know what you guys think.

I'm not looking to see which sub will take more power, I know that answer. I have a zx2500 to power either, which will give me better performance with this kind of power?
Slot ported box in the trunk, I’m looking for both sq and spl. I’m leaning toward the zcon but let me know what you guys think.
Im going to say the Zcon because they to me are more efficient power wise. The HDC4 can take a monsterous amount of power and would probably laugh at the 2500rms from that at. I mean the Hdc3 is rated at 1k but would take 3kw easily if you know what your doing. Honestly if you want to go Soundqubed id get the Hdc3 before i got the hdc4 with that power

On that power and each in their repspective optimum boxes .its a win win ..id bet the hdc4 is louder but the zcon will lead in the sq dept ...just pick one
id say hdc3 over hdc4 with that amount of power... but yea OP either will work

Hdc 4..Because if you decide to add more power later, you wont need another sub.and it gets nasty loud..and also low if box is right

Hdc 4..Because if you decide to add more power later, you wont need another sub.and it gets nasty loud..and also low if box is right
I don't plan on adding more power anytime soon.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

I loved my hdc4's. Only thing I didn't like is that they bottomed out with the coil hitting the back plate pretty easily. No matter what enclosure I used, they did the same. Still great subs for the money though. Also, they were pretty efficient even for being 4" coils.
How much power were you feeding them?

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

That will be fine
Which would be better if any in a box that size?

I knew a few ppl would say hdc4 because I see them but I never really see a zcon being ran. But at the same time every hdc4 I see that impresses me is running >3k. I'm thinking I see the hdc4 more because it is cheaper and can handle more power but neither of those matter to me.

I don't plan on adding more power anytime soon. 

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

How much power were you feeding them?

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Which would be better if any in a box that size?
Both will work just fine in that range ..the zcon will be in the 2.25 to 2.5 range with a 14-16" of port per cube ..and the hdc4 will be in the 2.5 to 3 with 16-18" of port per cube

I knew a few ppl would say hdc4 because I see them but I never really see a zcon being ran. But at the same time every hdc4 I see that impresses me is running >3k. I'm thinking I see the hdc4 more because it is cheaper and can handle more power but neither of those matter to me.
Exactly choose the one that works for you not the reasons others pick them ..its ur ears.

Your right but I'm not able to hear either in person
Yea thats hard unless u go to a show and even then hard ti find someone runnimg exactly what u want and every car is different..your in a good positiin tho in the right box u will dont regret either sub...flip a coin

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.