coolin temp gauge for amp

"IF" your amp is running that hot I'd move it to a better location or get a squirrel fan to cool it. That would be money WELL spent vs a gauge...

%24T2eC16RHJFoE9nh6nwt1BQvhF7ew4!~~_32-260x260-0-0.JPG

is there any temp gauge i can purchase to monitor sub amp for heat besides the Steve meade one its expensive and it barely readable unless you have magnifier glass lol any help thanks
Go to down4sound.com see what they have jonathan price has been testing new meters for over a year , they dont go out like the other meters on the market you can see them well and if you know the tahoe he had with the 10-18s then theyre obviously worth it exspecially since its only 25$ compared to an smd thats $75

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Go to down4sound.com see what they have jonathan price has been testing new meters for over a year , they dont go out like the other meters on the market you can see them well and if you know the tahoe he had with the 10-18s then theyre obviously worth it exspecially since its only 25$ compared to an smd thats $75
To me the smd is just a pretty meter

Just put a fan on a relay. I put a switch on mine too, so I can turn it on (and it will only come on when the amp is on) or off. You're going to want to wire it to a relay anyway, using the HU remote wire as the sense wire, so that it doesn't run all the time. Thermostats are unnecessary IMO, but if you really want one, search ebay, and also search the computer building community.

"IF" your amp is running that hot I'd move it to a better location or get a squirrel fan to cool it. That would be money WELL spent vs a gauge...
%24T2eC16RHJFoE9nh6nwt1BQvhF7ew4!~~_32-260x260-0-0.JPG
i actually had one of these and sold it not sure it would really cool my amp but i have some case fase

Just put a fan on a relay. I put a switch on mine too, so I can turn it on (and it will only come on when the amp is on) or off. You're going to want to wire it to a relay anyway, using the HU remote wire as the sense wire, so that it doesn't run all the time. Thermostats are unnecessary IMO, but if you really want one, search ebay, and also search the computer building community.
yea i was gone wire so it would come on it get hot and or use relay

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

I have a fan for each and that's good enough.
yea i have couple fans nice size i use as a push pull hopefully that will help

is there any temp gauge i can purchase to monitor sub amp for heat besides the Steve meade one its expensive and it barely readable unless you have magnifier glass lol any help thanks
What amp? Where is it mounted? And why is it getting so hot that it concerns u? Ive never had a fan on any of my amps in my impala

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.