How much filler in ported box?

MarkAm

Hey guys, I just finished drilling the holes in a new enclosure for 2 Sundown SA-8v2's. I'm not sure how much or what type of material I should use for filler inside. I've read where some guys used poly fill. I'm assuming that I can get that at a local fabric store. Its going into a portrd box that is

1.5 ^3ft after displacement. Any help would be much appreciated.

I've just read where guys use different material like Polyfill to line the inside of the enclosure to help with the sound. I take it I'm mistaken?

I had made a box for my 6.5 mid bass and filled with poly fil and I can barely hear it now. I may just take it out

A half pound per cubic foot is the norm but in a vented enclosure you don't need to fill. For vented enclosures lining the inside of the cabinet with convoluted foam or insulation can dampen back wave interference but I wouldn't bother with a subwoofer enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.