One side louder than the other...need help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Adnan
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys for the last week or so I noticed that my driver's side component speakers sound noticeably louder to the point I can't even tell the passenger side is playing at all at times.I have to compensate by sliding the balance to between +2 to +5 on the right side in order for it to sound somewhat even again,but it varies per track. I have not made any changes to my system recently besides pulling the deck out a few weeks back while fixing an unrelated problem.

my setup consists of the following :

alpine 9835 deck

zapco iforce 2100 2 chan for mids

no rear fill

image dynamics csx 6.5 components running passive with supplied crossovers ( tweeter is set to 0)

15" ab xfl

e.d nine.1 sub amp

So far i swapped rcas between the sub and mid amp, switched polarity on the speaker wires at the amp inputs and it made no difference

Anyone else experience similar issues? what are the odds the amp might be screwed up?

Appreciate any tips or suggestions

Check just playing the tweeters. If one tweeter is louder than the other with balance set at 0 and fade at 0 send me a PM

Swap L&R RCA's on the amp, see if other side loses volume. If it does then it's the amp. Also try ipod directly to amp to verify it's not HU.

Check just playing the tweeters. If one tweeter is louder than the other with balance set at 0 and fade at 0 send me a PM
i'll try that tomorrow thanks

Swap L&R RCA's on the amp, see if other side loses volume. If it does then it's the amp. Also try ipod directly to amp to verify it's not HU.
I've tried that as well, the left side is still louder i'll try connecting my iphone directly to the amp tomorrow

thanks for the suggestions

did some work in the trunk the other day and pulled the amps out for a while,after putting everything back together the problem went away

i set my time alignment back to the ideal distance and everything is perfect again,thanks for the help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.