Tantric hdd 12s gettin down!!!

vibe

CarAudio.com Elite

video of my 2 tantric hdd 12s flexin the hell outta my roof. bout to order some SERIOUSLY THICK sound deadner. not sure how much power im pushing exactly. voltage went down to 12.8 but i only have a stock alt right now till my mechman 320a hairpin gets back.

really would like to know if these subs have anymore to give or if there tapped out. i do realize im probably losing a ton of spl out of my roof/sunroof area. im still pullin off small hair tricks on my ol lady

if anyone has comments on how to get this sound deadner put on there with ease and most effective way to work with it i would appreciate it. ive done a **** ton before but never the roof of my car.

Nice!!! Good luck with trying to stop that flex
lol right. i was thinking about getting some metal rods and welding it up there but if i do when i go compete im going to be in the extreme class and get my assssssss kicked. so im getting deadner tahts 4.3mm thick and 22.2 sq feet of it and going to put all of that on my roof

can't really see much on my shite phone. if ur deadner is to stiff heat it up with a blow dryer or heat gun to make it more pliable. heat should help with the adhesion. it was a pain on the vertical surfaces im dreading my roof. those sun roofs make for nasty flex vids if ur into that shite.

can't really see much on my shite phone. if ur deadner is to stiff heat it up with a blow dryer or heat gun to make it more pliable. heat should help with the adhesion. it was a pain on the vertical surfaces im dreading my roof. those sun roofs make for nasty flex vids if ur into that shite.
problem is i dont want flex vids. im losing alot of spl i feel since it is flexing so **** much. thoughts on losing spl cause of that?

Yeah get that roof deadened and get your high output alt back in. Youll definitely squeeze a small amount of extra dbs out of it after doing so. I know lots of ppl say muliple layers of deadener is useless but i see enough of a difference for it to be worth it. Maybe one layer of full coverage and one layer extra of problem spots.

without bracing it up like u were talking earlier i don't see it all going away. couple layers of a cld deadner with a extra thick foil layer like dynamat diamond plate could significantly reduce it. let me see if i can get a link to what im talking about.

Yeah get that roof deadened and get your high output alt back in. Youll definitely squeeze a small amount of extra dbs out of it after doing so. I know lots of ppl say muliple layers of deadener is useless but i see enough of a difference for it to be worth it. Maybe one layer of full coverage and one layer extra of problem spots.
rock on man. i wish i knew how much power was going to them there. i daily drive that loud. i hope they got a lil more to squeeze out or ima be getting shd's sooner than my ol' lady wants me too lol. not that these aint loud im just bass dumb. i can get enough

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

There is a thread somewhere on here that talks about bracing to prevent roof flexing. I personally have no experience with it. good luck!
cant do anything but deadner cause im going to be competing it will put me in a whole new class that i dont even wana fcuk wit

my bad vibe it's dynaplate and is made for high spl apps. i would try it on bottom as ur full coverage layer, then hit trouble spots with a good hefty cld of choice.

my bad vibe it's dynaplate and is made for high spl apps. i would try it on bottom as ur full coverage layer, then hit trouble spots with a good hefty cld of choice.
ive been talkin to Ronal and he said he has some stuff thats 4.3mm thick. dont quote me but im pretty sure thats what he said n if so thats pretty hefty stuff. i wana hit that roof area behind my sunroof with like 2 layers of that and see how it is.

does anyone else think that its hurting my spl getting that much flex from my roof. its crazy on the inside too that video does not do it justice

ive been talkin to Ronal and he said he has some stuff thats 4.3mm thick. dont quote me but im pretty sure thats what he said n if so thats pretty hefty stuff. i wana hit that roof area behind my sunroof with like 2 layers of that and see how it is.
does anyone else think that its hurting my spl getting that much flex from my roof. its crazy on the inside too that video does not do it justice
Yea gator skin ..its ridiculous thick ...get that roof under control..might be able before u deaden it to use some 1/2" thick wood and use liquid nail and secure 6-8 small pieces and it will make it pretty rigid and still be able to put the headliner back in

Yea gator skin ..its ridiculous thick ...get that roof under control..might be able before u deaden it to use some 1/2" thick wood and use liquid nail and secure 6-8 small pieces and it will make it pretty rigid and still be able to put the headliner back in
yeah but the problem with that is i think it will raise me up to a new class in db drag and bass boxing and bass racing and such and i dont want that when i compete. im hoping a few layers of that will help it quite a bit. you think it will make it louder if i can get it to stop flexing so much?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.