2 15''s in a cobalt

skippy90210
10+ year member

ramey, PA
i have a 4 door chevy cobalt and want to do 2 15''s and still be able to keep the back seats up anyone ever do this. i could easily build a box in the trunk but then it is pretty much un removable and since the battery is in the trunk you have to be able to move the box to get to the battery. so how can i make 2 15''s fit? if theres a way to re locate the battery then i could make the box bigger inside the trunk, whats everyones opinions?

2 smaller subs in comfortable boxes will outperform 2 bigger subs crammed in less than ideal boxes...food for thought.

I'd look into two 12s, or hell, even 4 10s. Right at or around 4 cf net and still a ton of room if you were contemplating 2 15s

2 beefier 12s. 1 beefier 15 or 18. But if you absolutely want to go 2 15s then the box will probably not be removable like you said. May be that way with 1 18 too. But I'd do 2 beefy azz 12s, like 2 Soundqubed HDC4s

i have a 4 door chevy cobalt and want to do 2 15''s and still be able to keep the back seats up anyone ever do this. i could easily build a box in the trunk but then it is pretty much un removable and since the battery is in the trunk you have to be able to move the box to get to the battery. so how can i make 2 15''s fit? if theres a way to re locate the battery then i could make the box bigger inside the trunk, whats everyones opinions?
My buddy runs a pair of 15s in his cobalt and its a drop in box ..hes running 2 custom zv3 15s on a ns1 ..u gota use a 8"aero and side fire tho..ill ask him the specs

Save some space and money run 2 lanzar max 15s won't be doin hair tricks but it will sound decent they sound pretty good sealed. Ive heard the 15s and the 12s. A friend of mine has had the same pair of max 12s since 2004 still running. That's if u care about trunk space if that doesn't mean alot to u go bigger

Save some space and money run 2 lanzar max 15s won't be doin hair tricks but it will sound decent they sound pretty good sealed. Ive heard the 15s and the 12s. A friend of mine has had the same pair of max 12s since 2004 still running. That's if u care about trunk space if that doesn't mean alot to u go bigger
Dont get the max pros, i've used them. Terrible woofers. Max st= decent and get loud ported. A pair would like 1000 rms

15s are fine no need to build in the trunk, theres a lever in the back seat both seats easily slide out and leave you with a 16in clearance on the height and i think 36 on width....one lever on right and one on left use a flat head to push in tab seat pull right out, same with other side....

Ive seen 4 15s done in that same car with 2 ns1's and it did 55's, so yes, 2 15s will fit.
this had to be sealed in the littlest sealed box you ever seen... and all facing up ... i own the car... four 12s barely fit facing up in 1.25cu sealed boxes... and the only way to put a 15 in trunk is through the back other wise trunk clearance is on like 14..

Id go for the beefier 12's... 1 aq hdc4 12 **** near knocks my back doors off... youd save alot of time and labor just doing beefy 12's ... look at my video in sig thats budget 12's tearing the ride up.... thats in the cobalt!!! id go beefy 12s....

I just have a hard time giving up my 4 really beefy 8s for 2 12s. and since 12s and 15s arnt much different in price its hard for me to want the 12s you know because my 4 8s do hit pretty good I just want more lows. right now certain songs give me a little bit of window flex and makes my windshield wipers move. I just don't want to go through all this hassle get 2 12s and not be as loud

im not a fan of side fire in my car but its the only way to get 2 15s proper in that car
is there a video of that box? I think I might of seen it if you can get the specs that would be awesome, and is that enough air space for 2 15s?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

skippy90210

10+ year member
skippy90210
ramey, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from