jeep guys come this way

michaellane
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
tx
Pretty much who drives a older cherokee here? What is your setup. ..power subs....how is it all laid out where is the box what tuning have you been metered at...all that good stuff. Debating walling or just a box in the back with a loading wall. Four 15s and 1500 watts is what im doing. Very small build just trying to decide. Post up pics or info from cars you have seen and what not

I drive a jeep Grand Cherokee Had a 2002 (329k mi) and now I got a 2007

1st things 1st... UPGRADE that electrical. Your gonna need it.

is that 1500 total or RMS?

i drive a 98 jeep grand cherokee im running 2 sa12s at 2 ohms at the moment about to switch to .5 i got a audiopipe apsm 1500 for my subs and a hifonics zeus for my door speakers. I dont have to upgrade my electrical it works fine. Also my box is 4.5 cubes with 8inch aero port. its at 52Hz

i drive a 98 jeep grand cherokee im running 2 sa12s at 2 ohms at the moment about to switch to .5 i got a audiopipe apsm 1500 for my subs and a hifonics zeus for my door speakers. I dont have to upgrade my electrical it works fine. Also my box is 4.5 cubes with 8inch aero port. its at 52Hz
52hz? mine is a 2 door and from what i read they peak at 43hz lol. what kind of numbers have you put up?

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

I drive a jeep Grand Cherokee Had a 2002 (329k mi) and now I got a 2007
1st things 1st... UPGRADE that electrical. Your gonna need it.

is that 1500 total or RMS?
rms. and i got a ho alt and batt and all that good stuff. any info on your jeep?

52hz? mine is a 2 door and from what i read they peak at 43hz lol. what kind of numbers have you put up? 

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

rms. and i got a ho alt and batt and all that good stuff. any info on your jeep?
2 memphis mojo's (2008) in a 2.5 cubic box tuned around 33 - 35 hz powered by a hifonics bruits 1600

Infinity Kappa 680.9cs in all 4 doors powered my a kicker 400.4 amp

big3 and HOA

yellowtop undser the hood and 2 Kinetic 800 in the back

good setup. i got 2 sa12s 4.5 cubic box tuned to 52hz powered by audiopipe apsm 1500 and all 4 door speakers 6x9 alpines powered with a hifionics zeus 500.2

2 memphis mojo's (2008) in a 2.5 cubic box tuned around 33 - 35 hz powered by a hifonics bruits 1600Infinity Kappa 680.9cs in all 4 doors powered my a kicker 400.4 amp

big3 and HOA

I feel obligated to post this only because I'm a Jeep guy (97 Grand Cherokee). That's a single 10" Alpine Type X in about a half cube box. I run it on 600 RMS from an older Alpine V12 amp. Is it loud? Hell no. It's small. That means it's easy to take out when I do with my Jeep what Jeep intended: wheel it.

In all honesty though, you'll more than likely need to upgrade the electrical. Most XJs have 90 amp alternators. It's barely enough to keep the battery charged with the engine running. A big 3 and a HO alternator are in your future.

I feel obligated to post this only because I'm a Jeep guy (97 Grand Cherokee). That's a single 10" Alpine Type X in about a half cube box. I run it on 600 RMS from an older Alpine V12 amp. Is it loud? Hell no. It's small. That means it's easy to take out when I do with my Jeep what Jeep intended: wheel it.

In all honesty though, you'll more than likely need to upgrade the electrical. Most XJs have 90 amp alternators. It's barely enough to keep the battery charged with the engine running. A big 3 and a HO alternator are in your future.

yeah ive done all the upgrades for the electrical I was hoping someone would chime in and say which worked best with their port and blah blah

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

2 memphis mojo's (2008) in a 2.5 cubic box tuned around 33 - 35 hz powered by a hifonics bruits 1600Infinity Kappa 680.9cs in all 4 doors powered my a kicker 400.4 amp

big3 and HOA

where did oyu get your alt and what did you pay?

yeah ive done all the upgrades for the electrical I was hoping someone would chime in and say which worked best with their port and blah blah 

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

where did oyu get your alt and what did you pay?
egay. I didnt know better at the time. But on the bright side it is actually holding up pretty well

egay. I didnt know better at the time. But on the bright side it is actually holding up pretty well
I got one off ebay for my accord and it worked awesome! I got mine re built local and it works good also. Which alt did you buy?

I thought about building my own alternator for my ZJ like I did for my Caprice, but Denso alternators don't have the same aftermarket Delco alternators have. I have probably the cheapest 200 amp CS144 alternators you're going to find. I spent $15 on the alternator at PnP, maybe $15 on cleaning supplies to clean up all the crap on the case, and about $150 on a 200 amp stator, HD regulator, 200 amp rectifier, a new cap, new brushes, and new bearings. It's not an extreme HO alternator, but I could have built a much bigger one for maybe another $100. I just don't need that kind of power in my car. I'll tell you though, it was a great learning experience and I'd recommend going that route to anyone who's trying to upgrade any alternator that has aftermarket support.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.