New pioneer champion pro series TS-W3002D2 4

Discontinued. You might want to buy a subwoofer with an actual cone rather then that cheap air suspension system those pioneer subs use. The sound quality of that sub is really lacking particularly in the upper bass region.

I was looking for a couple of 12" subs that could hit 18 hz along with a single amp to power them both for roughly around $1000 if you possibly knew any and would tell me that'd be great thanks.

18 hz, your looking at all the wrong subs bro both your choices are all mediocre borderline crap subs. Sundown Audio X-12 1250W X Series - SSA STORE These subs are built for a devastating low end.

You need to give us some major details first before we can recommend you whats good for your setup, namely, What car is this going in? how much space do you have? How much space do you want to give up? What kind of enclosure/box are you planning on putting them in? Hows your electrical system looking? High output alt? How many extra AGM batteries or have you even done the big 3 upgrade yet? Is this going in a stock car?

I used to get those subs BNIB for around $100 shipped... At that price point they were hard to beat, I sold several install jobs utilizing those subs and never had a single complaint or issue. YES there are wayyy betterrr subs out there, but at the time not anything for $100 BNIB that was better lol - With $1k to spend I am sure you will find something much much better and more suited to your needs / wants... Read up, use the old interweb and do some research 1st before you buy - It will pay off //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I'm working with a 2001 jeep cherokee sport all stock, 800 crank battery, 110 crank alternator (I wanna get a 220 crank alt from powerbastards soon after) , and I want to get aftermarket speakers (Polk Audio db651s 6-1/2" 165W 2-Way db Series Slim Mount Coaxial Car Speakers for the front and Polk Audio db521 5-1/4" 135W 2-Way db Series Coaxial Car Speakers for the rear roof). I know I need an amp to power those just found out about the mini amps that hide behind the HU so I'm going to look into some of those but any recommendations are appreciated as I really have no technical idea what I'm doing so thanks for all the replies!

Edit: Forgot, I dont care how much space it takes up as long as its behind my back seats. The box is going to be built by my buddy found out its a lot cheaper that way lol

Last edited by a moderator:
*drooling* dang those sundowns look super sick I never imagined having two of those but at that price an amplifier would send me way over what I want to spend unless I just got one but I want something thats going to let everyone and their great grand mother know I'm around haha or make a girl ... in her pant!es? Thatd be pretty cool!

*drooling* dang those sundowns look super sick I never imagined having two of those but at that price an amplifier would send me way over what I want to spend unless I just got one but I want something thats going to let everyone and their great grand mother know I'm around haha or make a girl ... in her pant!es? Thatd be pretty cool!
get a 15 to save on costs, it would be almost as loud as 2 12s but you only pay for one. OR you can find a pair used in the classifieds. But with two 1k+ rms 12s, your current electrical system, you cant support that much power. Your gonna need an AGM battery in front and one group 31 agm battery in the back with the big 3 done if you plan on going over 2k rms. Even if you get a high ouput alternator, you still need to do the big 3 upgrade with 0 gauge wire and some form of battery bank... you need 55 amp hours for every 1000 rms you run, thats including your 4 channel too.

So do the cheaper way, get a 15!!! should fit most trunks or an 18 if you have a huge *** trunk!!

Any amps in mind yet?

Well I forgot about my taxes I'm getting another 400 plus I just got a job so my budget can stretch a little more. But I wanna get an 18 for sure louder stronger bass is what I want. Amp wise idk what's a 220 crank alt able to push without dimming my lights? I'm working with a 2001 jeep cherokee sport so I have some room in the back if I really wanted to my back seats fold flat.. what's agm battery?

Well I forgot about my taxes I'm getting another 400 plus I just got a job so my budget can stretch a little more. But I wanna get an 18 for sure louder stronger bass is what I want. Amp wise idk what's a 220 crank alt able to push without dimming my lights? I'm working with a 2001 jeep cherokee sport so I have some room in the back if I really wanted to my back seats fold flat.. what's agm battery?
Absorbent glass mat, miles better then typical lead acid batteries, look into xs power, kinetik, odyssey, diehard platinum, deka etc... with a 220 amp alt, you should be able to run up to 3500 rms with a proper battery bank.

Check out the SSA store and see your options, great choices there. You can find most of them cheaper in the classifieds though. What amp are you planning on using to power your subs?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.