festivas

Participant count
  • Participant list
Yeah I use one for competition, a 99 model, it's my friends car/system and I do all the enclosure designs for it and set up all the equipment.

Btw you got any idea what the peak frequency is inside one?

Yeah I use one for competition, a 99 model, it's my friends car/system and I do all the enclosure designs for it and set up all the equipment.Btw you got any idea what the peak frequency is inside one?
here in the states they were only imported up to 93,, depending on how your system is set up is gonna have an effect on your peak. how is it set up now?

here in the states they were only imported up to 93,, depending on how your system is set up is gonna have an effect on your peak. how is it set up now?
well I've got a box design coming up soon, 14 cubes after displacement at 44hz for 4 AB XFL 15"s on 2kw

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/enclosure-design-construction-help/601178-plans-spl-box-optimum-tuning-frequency-trying-pass-150db-2.html#post8557784

however atm it's got 2 AB 15"s in 6.5 at cubes 32hz with 1kw, hit a 141.6 at 49hz sealed on the dash.

the ford festivas aka kia prides in the us are very different then the kia avella what you guys are calling a festiva. sorry but I doubt what works in my car will work in yours.. if it helps I have a 3 cube box sub up port to drivers side with an 8'' aero. car peaks at 63 hertz with this set up and will do a 152 Db on a DC level 5 18 and an AQ 2200.. I would try a single sub in that configuration and see what it does. I have no idea what the Avella peaks at //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif .. but you'll have to tune higher for that car I would pretty much guarantee

the ford festivas aka kia prides in the us are very different then the kia avella what you guys are calling a festiva. sorry but I doubt what works in my car will work in yours.. if it helps I have a 3 cube box sub up port to drivers side with an 8'' aero. car peaks at 63 hertz with this set up and will do a 152 Db on a DC level 5 18 and an AQ 2200.. I would try a single sub in that configuration and see what it does. I have no idea what the Avella peaks at //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif .. but you'll have to tune higher for that car I would pretty much guarantee
well the kia pride is a smaller car so im not surprised the peak freq is higher, but I'm guessing my peak freq is in the low-mid 50's like has been stated in the thread and I was recommended 44-46 by one person and limited to 43 max by another so I figured 44hz seems reasonable since close to 10hz below peak freq seems a good place to start tuning. I had a look around other forums as well as what I was told in the thread.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

1.21 jiggawatts
ny
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
1.21 jiggawatts
IMG_1309.jpeg