PPI BK1800 blown first day ?

DirtyDuzit

AZ
I got the ppi 1800 rms amp today a few hours ago, hooked it up with 0 gauge, 2 ft 0gauge ground straight to frame, @ 2ohm. Slammed good even @ 2ohm for about an hour with zero problems, out of nowhere it cuts out and now the power light is on, protection off but the 3 lights on left hand side that are usually illuminated are not and it makes 0 sound.

tested remote/power/ground all just fine, subs fine aswell, is she done for ?

no smell no pop no warmth even yeah 2ohms, I have 4ohm dvcs hooked up 1 one voice coil on each sub. Seemed very random I haven't tried reinstalling the whole thing I just unhooked the ground and reconnected while the car was off to try and maybe "reset" it.

Honestly my gain was probably too high I had it at about 3/4th but my phone playing through aux is very quiet so it always has to be up to get something going

no smell no pop no warmth even yeah 2ohms, I have 4ohm dvcs hooked up 1 one voice coil on each sub. Seemed very random I haven't tried reinstalling the whole thing I just unhooked the ground and reconnected while the car was off to try and maybe "reset" it.
Why did u only hookk up 1 coil on each sub ..if u have 2 dvc 4ohm subs u should be wired to 1 ohm

Yeah I ran them at 2ohm to try and make sure the subs could handle it they didnt stink or anything like that.

I didn't want to run them at 1ohm because the brand is kind of sketchy, they claim 1500rms on each sub but I didn't want to even give them 1000 each at 1st.

Yeah I ran them at 2ohm to try and make sure the subs could handle it they didnt stink or anything like that.
I didn't want to run them at 1ohm because the brand is kind of sketchy, they claim 1500rms on each sub but I didn't want to even give them 1000 each at 1st.
Hooking ine coil on each sub up is the sketchy part u could have set the gain properly at 1 ohm to see how much power they can handle

Ive heard of a lot of people doing that isnt that the point of having a multi coil woofer ? to run at 2 4 or 8 ohm. And I had this running like that on a lil rockford 325.2 with no problems ever.

Ive heard of a lot of people doing that isnt that the point of having a multi coil woofer ? to run at 2 4 or 8 ohm. And I had this running like that on a lil rockford 325.2 with no problems ever.
Yes dvc woofers were meant to give u more wiring options but not to hook 1 coil up ur defeating the purpose of a dvc woofer ...it gives u 2 configs 1 and 4

Ok so you have 4 coils in theory. Of running all 4 each coil will see roughly 400-450 watts. If you run 2 coils at 1000 watts that's 500 each coil. Running it at 2 ohm the coils being used are seeing the same, if not more wattage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.