Wall in a Genesis Coupe : Couple question

cynicz
10+ year member

illinois
Some quick info before I get into the questions.

Trying to keep it organized so its easy to read. Hopefully I

answered the general questions.

My previous systems were a pair of Incriminator Audio Lethal

Injections 15" on a AQ3500.1. Then I got 4 SA-10s on the same

amp. Now I got a new car looking to go alot bigger.

Budget: $1500-$2000 for starters.

Goals: Nice background bass when its turned down low, But being able to crank it up and shake the ground while throwing impressive numbers. Would like to be able to do a pretty nice hair trick.

Car Details:

Year: 2010

Make: Hyundai

Model: Genesis Coupe

Trim: GT 3.8L V6

System Details:

Subs: 2 12"s

Power: 3500-7000 Watts

Box Type: Wall in rear seats, Aeroport. probably around 34Hz tuning.

Music: Rap/Hip-Hop/R&B

Questions:

1.) I am looking to stay in the low 300$ per sub range. Ive been looking into running SQ HDC4 12s. Is there better subs I am missing in this range? I looked at sundown X models and still lean toward the HDC4s.

2.) What is the recommended net space (after displacement) needed for said subs in question 1?

3.) I was thinking when I get the dual 12s I will run like a single SQ3500.1 to the pair. Then as I get some more cash upgrade and add one more SQ3500.1 for 7000W. From my understanding when i strap master/slave itll keep 7k Watts but make it 2ohm stable. now my subs are (as a pair) only going to be 1ohm stable or 4ohm stable. so how would i go about running each sub seperately to get 2ohm load each that way i get the 7k split between them at 2ohm as well. i dont want to run 1ohm wiring then push my amps at .5ohm each and frying electrical/blowing my subs from like 11k watts

4.) What is the best place to buy a HO Alt for a 2010 Genesis coupe (premade or have one wound)?

5.) What type of battery bank would I be forced to run for 3500 & 7k range, and whats the best brand to get the biggest deal for the money?

6.) I plan on doing big 3 upgrade with 1/0AWG OFC wire, but will 1 run of wire to the battery bank, then 1 run from batteries to amp be sufficient? If not, which runs would need to be doubled?

7.) I will be running with stock Headunit as I have a nice navigation system bluetooth and the whole 9 yards. Will a LOC with a grounding wire be sufficient? I planned on tapping into the stock 6" Free floating sub in the back dash. Will I have static or distortion? Should I remove the back sub or will a simple HPF/LPF block that out so Im not forced to remove it?

8.) Am I missing anything else :p? is there another recommended route in my budget I should look at? Trunk space is small so i feel like my only route to get a loud system would be wall in the back seats (not a whole lot of room, so will most likely remove the back bench seat if possible).

Thanks for any and all responses!

Last edited by a moderator:
1. HDC4s are good subs. Try it out

2. 3.5-4cuft tuned in the mid30s to 40s

3. strap them at 1ohm and adjust the gains appropriately. Then make sure you have the proper electrical for 7kwatts+

4. Probably gonna have to get one custom made. Do some googling. There are also places that will rebuild your current alt

5. A few xs3100, kinetik 2400s/3800s, batcap.... you are going to need atleast 3-4 group 31s or better. Lots of good brands out there, again, google

6. Big 3 is a must and multiple 1/0 runs to the back will be good. not necessarily needed, but it is a bonus and with that much power, you dont want to skimp.

7. Using a LOC is fine but dont get a cheap one. Ive always been a fan of audiocontrol

8. You dont need a wall, you can fit the box in the trunk, just have to be creative. Forward facing subs and port and seal off the trunk from the cabin. Also, keep it clean. I had a 2012 GC and i hate to see people tear them up and make them look terrible.

if your doing a wall in rear seats, might as well do 15s or 18s if your creative with your designs. You could get hdc3 15-18s instead and still get louder on waaaay less power then 2 hdc4 12s on 7k. Honestly the only place for 2 12s is in a trunk not a wall, if we're talking about 4 - 6 12s, then yeah wall it.

Let me start by saying thanks for any and all replies!

1. HDC4s are good subs. Try it out2. 3.5-4cuft tuned in the mid30s to 40s

3. strap them at 1ohm and adjust the gains appropriately. Then make sure you have the proper electrical for 7kwatts+

4. Probably gonna have to get one custom made. Do some googling. There are also places that will rebuild your current alt

5. A few xs3100, kinetik 2400s/3800s, batcap.... you are going to need atleast 3-4 group 31s or better. Lots of good brands out there, again, google

6. Big 3 is a must and multiple 1/0 runs to the back will be good. not necessarily needed, but it is a bonus and with that much power, you dont want to skimp.

7. Using a LOC is fine but dont get a cheap one. Ive always been a fan of audiocontrol

8. You dont need a wall, you can fit the box in the trunk, just have to be creative. Forward facing subs and port and seal off the trunk from the cabin. Also, keep it clean. I had a 2012 GC and i hate to see people tear them up and make them look terrible.
I was just worried running them at .5 ohms each because of everyone talking about how harsh .5ohms is. I want to make sure my car and system is safe whichever way I go. Plus given the sq3500 push like around 6k at .5ohm 12k is alot for daily on a pair of 300$ subs haha. Also how will I fit a box in the trunk, its so teeny tiny its like 22"x14" and i think the inside is like 16" lol (I think the opening is slightly bigger but thats what it feels like.) also I mainly wanted to wall it due to 1. I never have anyone in the back seats 2. get louder than trunk setups 3. in my past on those 4 sa-10s I bent the trunk hinges and made it where I had to like body slam the trunk to shut and it was a PITA :p wanted to avoid that.

Had me confused, said wall then said 2 12's.....trunk set up....won't be shaking the ground, but will make some noise
Where in IL you located???
I am talking about wall. only time i spoke about trunks was my old setup or why i didnt want to go trunk route. I live in the Alton/Granite City area about 20mins out of St Louis

if your doing a wall in rear seats, might as well do 15s or 18s if your creative with your designs. You could get hdc3 15-18s instead and still get louder on waaaay less power then 2 hdc4 12s on 7k. Honestly the only place for 2 12s is in a trunk not a wall, if we're talking about 4 - 6 12s, then yeah wall it.
Thats what i was thinking but heard the 15s and 18s need alot bigger of a box. like 3-3.5cubes per 15 after displacement. I wont be able to squeeze that room in the back seat I dont think. I am on the road in Iowa so havent got to measure yet.

I was just worried running them at .5 ohms each because of everyone talking about how harsh .5ohms is. I want to make sure my car and system is safe whichever way I go. Plus given the sq3500 push like around 6k at .5ohm 12k is alot for daily on a pair of 300$ subs haha. Also how will I fit a box in the trunk, its so teeny tiny its like 22"x14" and i think the inside is like 16" lol (I think the opening is slightly bigger but thats what it feels like.) also I mainly wanted to wall it due to 1. I never have anyone in the back seats 2. get louder than trunk setups 3. in my past on those 4 sa-10s I bent the trunk hinges and made it where I had to like body slam the trunk to shut and it was a PITA :p wanted to avoid that.

I am talking about wall. only time i spoke about trunks was my old setup or why i didnt want to go trunk route. I live in the Alton/Granite City area about 20mins out of St Louis

Thats what i was thinking but heard the 15s and 18s need alot bigger of a box. like 3-3.5cubes per 15 after displacement. I wont be able to squeeze that room in the back seat I dont think. I am on the road in Iowa so havent got to measure yet.
Just because it can do 12k, which will probably be closer to 10k in actuality and even less after box rise, doesn't mean it has to. You can set your gains to give you as much or as little as you want.

As for the wall vs trunk, I had a box design that fit perfectly in the trunk of the GC for 2 12s. Never got around to building it or even messing with the tuning, but the dimensions worked and the gross cuft was plenty for 2 12s on high power. You will have to build some of it in the trunk and some out, but it will fit if you are creative with it. If youre heart is set on a wall, go with 15s or 18s. they will fit with some finesse.

A pair of hdc4 12s will handle 2 3500.1s at .5 all day and then some ..but i agree a waste for a wall .u need some cone area ..at least do a pair of 15s ..ur looking at 10 cubes which im sure u have back there

how many cubes after the back seat is removed do the gennys roughly have? I like to lean my seat back a bit (no gangster leaning lol but not sitting straight up) and im like 6'2" so I sit with the seat all the way back to not cramp my knees. do you think 15s or 18s will fit well?

A pair of hdc4 12s will handle 2 3500.1s at .5 all day and then some ..but i agree a waste for a wall .u need some cone area ..at least do a pair of 15s ..ur looking at 10 cubes which im sure u have back there
sorry for the unclear response, I didnt mean worried if the subs will handle it or the amp for that matter, but i mean I hear all these horror stories of blowing the amps up and frying your cars electrical running at .5ohms thats what im nervous about. Ive never ran that low. Ill probably only be goign 260-300amp Alt so will I be able to handle the current draw?

how many cubes after the back seat is removed do the gennys roughly have? I like to lean my seat back a bit (no gangster leaning lol but not sitting straight up) and im like 6'2" so I sit with the seat all the way back to not cramp my knees. do you think 15s or 18s will fit well?

sorry for the unclear response, I didnt mean worried if the subs will handle it or the amp for that matter, but i mean I hear all these horror stories of blowing the amps up and frying your cars electrical running at .5ohms thats what im nervous about. Ive never ran that low. Ill probably only be goign 260-300amp Alt so will I be able to handle the current draw?
I dont see 18s fitting at all but 15s sure ...and get the biggest alt u can Have made ..probably a 320 id say then a good agm under the hood and 4 g31 agms in the back and u wont have to worry about frying anything

agm g31 are 108AH and like 300$ ea. I can get these for 190$ at local sams club. which is apparently a rebadged deka. these are 116AH for 110$+ cheaper each. would these suffice say like 4 of them + alt.Duracell® Heavy Duty AGM Truck Battery - Group Size 31AGM - Sam's Club
Finally someone who gets it lol ..east penn is all i run which is deka duracell orielleys and a few others ..those are great ..snag 4 of them and a g34 for under the hood they r 125

Finally someone who gets it lol ..east penn is all i run which is deka duracell orielleys and a few others ..those are great ..snag 4 of them and a g34 for under the hood they r 125
haha alright so basically following the general rule of 70AH per 1k watts given say a (pushing higher side to be safe) 12k watts (wont be pushing that but still) with 4 of those duracells at their rated 116AH (4 being 464AH) say my stock battery (will upgrading just being safe ) is 36AH making that an even 500 I will need atleast a 340A Altenator correct?

haha alright so basically following the general rule of 70AH per 1k watts given say a (pushing higher side to be safe) 12k watts (wont be pushing that but still) with 4 of those duracells at their rated 116AH (4 being 464AH) say my stock battery (will upgrading just being safe ) is 36AH making that an even 500 I will need atleast a 340A Altenator correct?
Well ive heard most say 55ah per 1kw but that all depends...and the batt under the hood will be 55ah...as long as u get a 300a alt or higher ..i see no problems at all...put it this way i run lil over 5k on 290ah worth of batts and a a 240a alt and i charge at 15.1 and drop to 14.2 full tilt..make sure u get a externally regulated alt so u can bump up the voltage to 15.1-15.3

Well ive heard most say 55ah per 1kw but that all depends...and the batt under the hood will be 55ah...as long as u get a 300a alt or higher ..i see no problems at all...put it this way i run lil over 5k on 290ah worth of batts and a a 240a alt and i charge at 15.1 and drop to 14.2 full tilt..make sure u get a externally regulated alt so u can bump up the voltage to 15.1-15.3
i havent heard of externally regulated. where is a good place to get mine rewound? or get one wound for my car

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.