Weird Problem.Help!

iRastamon

Ok..I have 2 Pioneer Champion series 12's and a Pioneer Stage 4 PRS-D1200M amp,a Kenwood - KIV-BT901 headunit. The problem is..When I plugged my subs wires into the amp with volume down on the headunit.My subs start moving in and out as if very low bass is being played.I guess you call it excursion. Then they'll hum as is very high bass is being played. I've Tried 3 different amps. I used my old Sony xplode headunit to see if the kenwood headunit was the problem but it still does it.I've used a different sub that I got laying around too. I tried different RCA jacks too. Anyone knows what could be the problem. 2001 mitsubishi galant

What do you have the lpf (low pass filter) set too? have you got bass boost off on the amp and the eq set to flat on the headunit, hpf set to 80? also don't use the bass knob.

also don't connect or disconnect anything whilst it is turned on (turn off at key and or disconnect battery)

I have low pass filter set.I adjusted all the knobs to try and figure out the problem.I reset the headunit & I don't have a bass knob..Well saying that I have the radio and amp on is the way I figured I should explain it. It was working ok til one day it just started doing that low bass and high bass thing.If I have music playing. It doesn't play the bassline in the song,it'll only do that crazy excursion thing.Thanks for the reply by the way

are you using rca's from your headunit to the amp? are you sure they are plugged into the sub out on the headunit and into the "rca in on the amp?

When I reset it everything went to factory setting & I set the headunit "EQ ,X'over,Subwoofer level & all the settings on the radio the way I normally would. & yes I'm using RCA's from headunit to amp. I normally have them to the Sub output but since the problem I've tried all 3 outputs(Front,Rear,Sub)..Still having the problem. Oh yeah forgot this part. When I hook an amp to my Highs and mids,the sound is a loud buzz.Not the common sound that you hear when you raise the engine but a Loud buzz sound. if I turn the amp from Hi pass to full they'll do the same as the subs but inly with the loud buzz. Sorry for the trouble but it's kicking me in the A

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.