Sub/amp/box

I live in Austin, mn have a pretty good budget let me know what you have if you live with in a 250 mile area, unless you are willing to drive. Been looking at w3's, type r's things around the 1200rms range.
whats your budget, there batter options out there other those mainstreamed subs.

1200 watt rms how is that possible for a sub that only cost $140, is this like audiobauhn type stuff or good quality?
It's possible because that's what a good sub can sell for. What you're used to is overpriced mainstream gear, which is why the above poster mentioned that there are better options than what you mentioned.... What you mentioned is what he meant by overpriced mainstream gear. ;-)

It's possible because that's what a good sub can sell for. What you're used to is overpriced mainstream gear, which is why the above poster mentioned that there are better options than what you mentioned.... What you mentioned is what he meant by overpriced mainstream gear. ;-)
I have just never heard of the brand. So one of these would have a like/equal spl, sq to two alpine type r's? and that amp is a real 1800watt rms amp?

Or even go with this one Precision Power PPI S1300.1D (S13001D) Class D Monoblock Car Amplifier/Amp and save 50$ if these amps are the real deal or the 2000rms one for that same price.

I have just never heard of the brand. So one of these would have a like/equal spl, sq to two alpine type r's? and that amp is a real 1800watt rms amp?
I understand man. But yeah, those are good brands. As was said, PPI has some amps that aren't so good and others that are and obviously if you aren't active in the hobby you wouldn't know... which is why you're here, lol.

As for sound quality, there are a ton of subs that would sound as good and be as loud or louder than the one's you mentioned... if they're in the correct box. But that's true of any subwoofer. The box is 95% of the sound quality of your sub stage and it's a large part of the sound pressure.

As far as the amp, I'm not a huge fan of PPI now days but that's only a personal preference, as they are good amplifiers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.