Sundown X-18 vs American Bass HD 18

Drew5787

Nc
I've narrowed down my options on the 18's. These two are in my budget and will be going into an Uplander chevy van with a indash pioneer head unit on a American Bass hd 3500 watt amp. I know the AB has more watts but I like the fat surround on X 18. Tell me what you guys think.

They are two completely different sounding drivers. The X and Z v.4 series focus heavily on suspension linearity, low frequency extension, and overall low distortion. The HD 3500-watt model appears to be 1600-watts RMS; in a proper configuration that is fine for an X series driver.

Ok i don't compete but I'd like to be somewhere in the 150's on the meter with this setup. Think it's achievable?
the x series is not an all out spl woofer. its meant to be a low end monster. there is way too many variables to say whether you would be doing 150's or not. once you are into the 140's every db is harder and harder to reach.

So would I need an X or Z serious to get really loud like flexing the car loud. And change of plans it'll be going in my 03 ford focus with removal of back seat box will be built there.

The HD is a more SPL oriented woofer than the X. The X will dig lower and probably sound a little better on music for what most people want, but the HD will probably meter a better score, but it won't have the low end the X does.

For daily, I'd rather have the X.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.