WTB: 2 10" subs for small enclosure (or possible trade for my 10" RE SX)

bbb543
10+ year member

ATX
Texas
Ok so I just traded in my car for a 350z and have a 10" RE SX that I was planning to put in the new car. As it turns out the box (which was probably a bit under spec to begin with) won't even fit in the trunk. So I got a custom box and will now go with something else.

So now I am looking for 2 10" subs for a small enclosure primarily for sound quality. Not quite as into the obnoxously loud sound that I once was but still want something that can get loud if it needs to every once in a while.

Not super brand loyal when it comes to audio, so I'm open to suggestions if anybody has a pair of 10"s for sale that fits my needs.

Budget is $200-$300 Also willing to work out a trade for my 10" RE SX if you're interested. Let me know and I will get some photos of it.

Enclosure specs

Mounting depth - 7.00"

Mounting diameter - 9 1/8"

Airspace Volume- 0.75ft^3

Material- 0.75" MDF

The only subs I have heard that sounded good in .75 were polk mm840dvc's sealed. A rockford hx2 8 ported, and boston g2 10's. This is personal experience only. I have 2 polks in a .72 shared chamber and like them a lot

I personally think it would sound better with one sub in the correct airspace as opposed to two subs in .75
I agree 100% but, because I'm not quite as smart as I once was when it comes to car audio, I didn't even think about that when I bought the enclosure. That being said, I don't really want to spend the money again and have two of them.

EDIT:

I'm dumb. I double checked. It is 0.75 per chamber.

For some reason I was thinking it was only a single chamber and just assumed...but I was wrong.

EDIT:

I'm dumb. I double checked. It is 0.75 per chamber.

For some reason I was thinking it was only a single chamber and just assumed...but I was wrong.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.