Improving car audio for first time, help please!

mrsiu

Hi,

I own a Kia Rio HB 2012 with a stock system (4 speakers + 2 tweeters). I currently have around $200 - $300 to spend on speakers and an amp, I´ll get a subwoofer later. The thing is I´m not really sure what to get about the speakers, should I get 4 coaxials + 2 tweeters, or a pair of components (replacing tweeters + front door speakers) plus a pair of coaxials for rear doors?

As for the speakers, which are some suggestions for my budget? I was looking into Infinity Kappas and Sound Ordnance P-65C. I´m not sure about the amp as I´m looking to add a sub in the future.

Thanks for your help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

check the depths you have to play with for the door speakers, splits and a set of coaxils would be what I recommend (and a 5 channel amp)

I would go with components and coax. The alpine pdxv9 is a good 5ch amp when you're ready. I know a lot of people on a budget swear by the kappas, so i'll say yes to those by ways of the grapevine.

Kappas, I believe, are 2-ohm, and some say they wouldn't take a chance on Infinity's word that they won't damage a hu that's not 2-ohm stable. Just a thought...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I own a Kia Rio HB 2012 with a stock system (4 speakers + 2 tweeters). I currently have around $200 - $300 to spend on speakers and an amp, I´ll get a subwoofer later. The thing is I´m not really sure what to get about the speakers, should I get 4 coaxials + 2 tweeters, or a pair of components (replacing tweeters + front door speakers) plus a pair of coaxials for rear doors?

As for the speakers, which are some suggestions for my budget? I was looking into Infinity Kappas and Sound Ordnance P-65C. I´m not sure about the amp as I´m looking to add a sub in the future.

Thanks for your help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=2012+kia+rio+audio+system

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.