Hifonics Zeus 3000.1 Problem

MikeyL
10+ year member

My buddy's Hifonics Zeus 3000.1 is having problems.

It works fine until we had to move it around and it got a little shook up. It'll power on and everything fine except when RCAs are plugged into the "Input" side it goes into protect. It did this in his car with the RCAs coming from a LOC, straight from his head unit, and in mine connected straight to my head unit. It's not the RCA wires themselves because we've tried 3 different pairs and as soon as I hooked my amp back up with the exact same wires it works fine.

Does anyone have any idea how I could fix this?

My buddy's Hifonics Zeus 3000.1 is having problems. It works fine until we had to move it around and it got a little shook up. It'll power on and everything fine except when RCAs are plugged into the "Input" side it goes into protect. It did this in his car with the RCAs coming from a LOC, straight from his head unit, and in mine connected straight to my head unit. It's not the RCA wires themselves because we've tried 3 different pairs and as soon as I hooked my amp back up with the exact same wires it works fine.

Does anyone have any idea how I could fix this?
well if it was shook up, its possible you shook something loose on the inside. That particular amp is a cheaper line for hifonics

well it's a buddy's amp and he said I could use it for a month until I leave for the navy if I can fix it.

Any ideas what could be wrong since it won't go into protect until the RCAs are in? If I recall correctly it doesn't go into protect if the RCAs are unplugged.

well it's a buddy's amp and he said I could use it for a month until I leave for the navy if I can fix it. Any ideas what could be wrong since it won't go into protect until the RCAs are in? If I recall correctly it doesn't go into protect if the RCAs are unplugged.
i mean i have never heard this issue myself honestly.

So I just got it and tried it out and it goes into protect no matter what. According to the manufacturer that means there's an internal fault. Are there any internal fuses or anything?

do you have anything connected to the output of the amp?
I didn't, but then after my last post I tried plugging the RCAs into output and then it wasn't in protect anymore. Could be a long shot, but if I bought some RCAs and plugged them into the Output and then had the ones from my HU into the Input could that fix it?

The best way to test the problem is this.

1 disconnect everything from the amp

2 disconnect rcas from the head unit

3 hook up power/ground/remote, then test if it goes into protect, it has nothing to do with rcas, if it's fine, go to the next step.

4 hook rcas to amp ( no connection to headunit.) if it goes into protect, rcas could be bad, or inputs on the amp.

5 hook rcas to head unit. If it cuts out it could be rcas or the headunit.

6 hook up speaker wire. ( make sure subs are the correct impudence for the amp.

7 test.

Depending on what step it fails at, could be the problem. If it seems random, make sure grounds are secured to a good firm location.

if it helps, I just unhooked my mono amp and put the same wires into the ZRX3000.1

after I was done with my testing earlier I hooked everything back up to my 1100 and it started up and played just fine.

I will try that though

When I have thing I want to tinker on without having any idea why it's acting up, I usually open it up, take the before picts, do a visual with a bright fluorescent through a watch makers eye piece and use my air compressor to blow any debris that's not soldered or screwed on the amp for that matter. You would be surprised the a strand of wire from the last time you worked on trimming a wire could have fallen in it or something causing a short which turns out to be a piece of chrome that chipped off from it's platting.

From Basic Car Audio Electronics:

If you have a piece of equipment (especially an amplifier) that has played fine for a while with a given size fuse and the fuse blows, do not replace it with a larger fuse. I'd actually suggest temporarily replacing it with a fuse ~1/2 the rating of the one that blew. If you have a 200 watt amplifier that's been running fine with a 30 amp fuse and the fuse suddenly blows, replacing it with another 30 amp fuse is fine but I'd suggest trying a 15 amp fuse first. With the volume set to its minimum position, the amp should power up and idle with the smaller (lower rated) fuse. It should also play cleanly at a low to moderate volume. If the fuse blows with no volume, there is very likely a problem with the amplifier. If it does not play cleanly, there may be a problem with the speaker(s) or wiring. If it blows the fuse at very low volume, there is most likely a shorted speaker or a short in the wiring.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.