Aftermarket Stereo Turns on my Car!

kcoll98

I have 2004 Ford Mustang. I'm replacing my factory stereo with an Innovatek in-877gps. My friend and I have it all hooked up with all the wires matched up together (or at least we are pretty sure).

The thing that happens is when we hit the power button to turn it on and test it, it turns my car on if the key is in the ignition and turned only to run the battery! It turns on, and keeps trying to turn the engine even though its on. If the car is turned on fully, and we hit the power button, it attempts to keep turning the engine.

We tried switching the constant and switched(ignition) wires thinking maybe the wires were switched on the new stereo, but it still did the same thing.

Any ideas or suggestions? Let me know if you need more info about anything. I'm not really a car guy, haha.

if you arnt 100% sure on wiring, don't do it. ask som1 who knoes befor your car burns itself to the ground
Never ignore this warning, if you do, expect smoke and then fire. With electrical fires there is no way you can put it out unless you disconnect a glowing red hot battery cable from the battery or till the battery dies from poor maintenance.

Ill bet your remote is connected wrong. I had a mustang that wanted to this. The remote wire was connected wrong. Something about a radio fuse. This is the fuse that starts the car

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.