Need help with box/port dimensions for a ThreatCon 4 12"! Building today!

Participant count
  • Participant list

stutla22

Hello everyone, I recently purchased a threatcon 4 12'. These specs are from c2audio's Site

12" Threatcon-4 Dual-2 Ohm

FS: 35.7 Hz

VAS: 28.8682 L

QES: .4082

QMS: 2.2965

QTS: .3466

MMS: 239.1952 g

BL: 22.9272

SENS: 87.0965 DB

Enclosure Recommendations:

Sealed: 1.0 - 1.25 ft^3

Ported: 1.5 - 2.0 ft^3 @ 35hz

This will be my first box build but my brother is helping me cut the wood perfect. Should I use 1 1/4" staples and glue or wood screws and glue? I was just going to copy this box build

12 inch Custom Ported MDF Car Stereo Sub Woofer Enclosure 2 CU ft Tuned 32Hz | eBay

But its for 32hz I want 35. Unsure how long to make port and how open to make it to get 35hz?

I'll be running it on a audiopipe 1800 at 1 Ohm.

Any help will be appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='stutla22']Available space- 38x22x17"[/QUOTE]

Why not pay someone to design u a box to suite that sub ur car can listenimg habits vs. Trying to copy a crappy generic ebay prefab ..you will be alot happier in the end @Buck; can do the design for you .he does all mine

Fire Woofer Back Side Port on Driver Side.

External Dimensions of Box:

15" High

30" Wide

15" Deep

Use Double Baffle Front

Side Port Dimensions With Internal L Port:

13.5" High

2.5" Wide

30" Long (L Shape go over than Forward in Box Keeping 2.5" Width)

Keep Box shifted to Passenger side so port can load 6-8" from Driver Side of car.

Internal volume after woofer, Port and wire displacement is about 2 Cubes and port is tuned to 35 Hz.

Fire Woofer Back Side Port on Driver Side. External Dimensions of Box:

15" High

30" Wide

15" Deep

Use Double Baffle Front

Side Port Dimensions With Internal L Port:

13.5" High

2.5" Wide

30" Long (L Shape go over than Forward in Box Keeping 2.5" Width)

Keep Box shifted to Passenger side so port can load 6-8" from Driver Side of car.

Internal volume after woofer, Port and wire displacement is about 2 Cubes and port is tuned to 35 Hz.
If thats not good customer service idk what is

Idk civic might be diff but when i switched from rear port to side my output was cut in half.so i would only recccomend if u know it works in that car
The side or rear port question is a tough one... I have had luck and failures with both styles. The Key to making a trunk setup loud is all about loading the woofers and port properly. Always use rule of thumb you need 6-8" from port to properly load and get loud. I like to side load on vehicles that are not sturdy in the rear or that have a large plastic tail light area. The biggest issue with side port is loading because the side surface is uneven and also box needs to be mounted to prevent it from sliding as you want to keep 6-8" distance for loading. -Chris

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.