Sign in to follow this  
Jay23

How to Install LOC to Stock Headunit?

I will be replacing all 4 speakers in my Impala with Kicker speakers and will also be powering them with a 4 channel amp. I have to use a line out converter since the stock radio does not have RCA jacks. My question is...how do I connect the LOC to the radio? Do I cut the speaker wires behind the radio and connect the LOC to the wires plugged into the radio and then add new speaker wire to the use existing cut wire and run them to the amp? Or do I leave everything intact and jus tap the LOC into the speaker wires behind the radio without cutting them at all?

This is my first install obviously so I'm looking for help.

if you use the right 4 ch amp it will have a high level input so you dont need rca's and signal sense turn on so you dont need to power up the remote either. thats the easiest way

if you use the right 4 ch amp it will have a high level input so you dont need rca's and signal sense turn on so you dont need to power up the remote either. thats the easiest way

Even if you don't use RCA connection, you will still need the high level speaker input....meaning you need to tap into the speaker wires.

Loc's are garbage. Use an Audio control lc2i or such.

Oh and you don't have to come off the back of the radio you could just tie In around the speaker point its easier that way

Even if you don't use RCA connection, you will still need the high level speaker input....meaning you need to tap into the speaker wires.

that's correct. but this way there are less parts to buy and less connections to make, i.e. easier.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mroscar007
      i just bought a double din stereo for my 2009 impala and i was just wondering what all i would new to install it. i know i need a wire harness but i dont know where to get it. and the ones i have seen on the web cost so much for the newer model cars.

if yall can give me links or something to the things i need that will hellp so much thank u!
    • By myG37
      Selling a brand new looked BUT used about 2 months.. Nothing is wrong with it, looks brand new. No scratches or anything.

2 Channel LOC up to 80 watts.

Looking to sell for $15.00 shipped.

If you are interested, feel free to contact me at 1-858-413-6525

• By kicker5567
      I have two 08 model 12" Kicker CVR's 4 ohm DVC wired down to one ohm with 8 gauge wire inside the box an to amp. Kenwood KAC 9104D Monoblock Class D Amplifier 1800 watts max, 900 watts rms at one ohm stable. I have a sony deck, 4 gauge power wire, 0 gauge ground. Also the big three upgrade. All of this is in a 04 Impala with a massive trunk. I have the subs about a foot away from the trunk lid facing the rear. Right now they are in a sealed box and sound way louder than some of my buddies 15's. My roof and quater pannels flex, all four doors shake, can't keep a radar detector on the windshield or my rear view mirror, and my light dim with the beat. I know I need a bigger alternator but I want to go ported but not sure what to go with. Either a one hole tube port, slotted ported box, or like a bandpass chambered box. Which one would give me the most bass? I tried to describe my set up the best I could, any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    • By JayCeeOh
      We purchased an '08 Impala earlier this year from CarMax. It's a decent ride, I suppose, but nothing to write home about.
      The stereo is the base model (AM/FM/CD/AUX) without controls for Sirius/XM or CD Changer.
      Meh. It works.

After getting the first oil change since we purchased the car, the TPMS started acting funny. It was reading pressures from different tires. My guess is that it was a result of rotating the tires.
      So CarMax took care of the TPMS issue by recalibrating the TPMS.
      It works fine now.

However, since this work was done, the stereo stays on after pulling the key for A LOT longer than it used to. When we bought the car, it would stay on about the same amount of time as the courtesy lighting, 30sec or so. Now it stays on for at least 5min.

I've been through all of the informational/diagnostic menus that are available, and been through everything I can think of on the headunit itself. Obviously, I've come up with nothing.

Any ideas?
      Is this something that I can change myself?
      Or is this something that will have to be fixed by hooking it up to a computer to reprogram something?

Thanks in advance!
    • By mstan2221
      Hi i saw a person that had thier amp and subs wired to thier factory deck on the same car i have. Its an 2007 Chevy impala and im trying to figure out how they did it. Any help is greatly appreciated thanks!!!