How to Install LOC to Stock Headunit?

Participant count
  • Participants list

Jay23

I will be replacing all 4 speakers in my Impala with Kicker speakers and will also be powering them with a 4 channel amp. I have to use a line out converter since the stock radio does not have RCA jacks. My question is...how do I connect the LOC to the radio? Do I cut the speaker wires behind the radio and connect the LOC to the wires plugged into the radio and then add new speaker wire to the use existing cut wire and run them to the amp? Or do I leave everything intact and jus tap the LOC into the speaker wires behind the radio without cutting them at all?

This is my first install obviously so I'm looking for help.

if you use the right 4 ch amp it will have a high level input so you dont need rca's and signal sense turn on so you dont need to power up the remote either. thats the easiest way

if you use the right 4 ch amp it will have a high level input so you dont need rca's and signal sense turn on so you dont need to power up the remote either. thats the easiest way
Even if you don't use RCA connection, you will still need the high level speaker input....meaning you need to tap into the speaker wires.

Loc's are garbage. Use an Audio control lc2i or such.

Oh and you don't have to come off the back of the radio you could just tie In around the speaker point its easier that way

Even if you don't use RCA connection, you will still need the high level speaker input....meaning you need to tap into the speaker wires.
that's correct. but this way there are less parts to buy and less connections to make, i.e. easier.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.