2 Zv4 18's walled off Scion TC

How's it going my people...

This is a premature birth to this build log, as the actual building won't start taking place until next week... bit I figured I could start to flash it a little bit as far as the idea goes.. and what equipment I'll be running!

So... As the title says. I'm gonna try to wall this TC off w/ a regular ported wall.. tuned somewhere from 28-30 hz.

Equipment in this build will be as follows:

2 Zv4 18's running off of a Sundown NS-1v2 at 1 ohm.

2 Sundown Audio SA 6.5 components off of a Skar 125.4. (Hopefully change that amp out later).

Electrical is a DC Power 270XP alt. D3400 under the hood and 4 D3100's in the rear. 4 runs of positive and negative. Alt charging at 15.1. Pretty much ALL Sky High 0/1 OFC to be ran in the car...

Hopes are to get LOW, LOUD, and move a TON of air.

Here is a picture of my old build... in it are my Zv4 15's. I'm just going to say that if all goes according to plan, and when all all measurements are taken and I'm ready to go through with the purchasing of the 18's, I'll be selling both of them. They are in PERFECT condition. Ran on good electrical off a 3,500 properly tuned.. never been fed anything but a clean power.View attachment 26547166

Should be fun... and I'll be uploading more pictures as this gets under way and some of the additional pieces of equipment I need start to arrive... I'm only 19. So make way for a youngin' in the game! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

How's it going my people...
This is a premature birth to this build log, as the actual building won't start taking place until next week... bit I figured I could start to flash it a little bit as far as the idea goes.. and what equipment I'll be running!

So... As the title says. I'm gonna try to wall this TC off w/ a regular ported wall.. tuned somewhere from 28-30 hz.

Equipment in this build will be as follows:

2 Zv4 18's running off of a Sundown NS-1v2 at 1 ohm.

2 Sundown Audio SA 6.5 components off of a Skar 125.4. (Hopefully change that amp out later).

Electrical is a DC Power 270XP alt. D3400 under the hood and 4 D3100's in the rear. 4 runs of positive and negative. Alt charging at 15.1. Pretty much ALL Sky High 0/1 OFC to be ran in the car...

Hopes are to get LOW, LOUD, and move a TON of air.

Here is a picture of my old build... in it are my Zv4 15's. I'm just going to say that if all goes according to plan, and when all all measurements are taken and I'm ready to go through with the purchasing of the 18's, I'll be selling both of them. They are in PERFECT condition. Ran on good electrical off a 3,500 properly tuned.. never been fed anything but a clean power.View attachment 26547166

Should be fun... and I'll be uploading more pictures as this gets under way and some of the additional pieces of equipment I need start to arrive... I'm only 19. So make way for a youngin' in the game! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Let me know if you decide to sell that skar amp

I'll be sure to stay current with the status of my pending sales on this post... My SK-125.4 will probably go last (a couple months) simply because I'm doing my front stage last. I really want to work on the bulk of the build first, then start to fill in properly in the front. It currently gets loud the way it is.. but when I double the quantity of the speakers w/ the components I feel like I'll pick up some output and lose some of the harshness from the highs produced by the super tweets I have.

As far as the box design... I'm working closely with a buddy of mine via FaceTime, text and phone call. His name is Doug Fabio... his Tahoe has 6 Zv4 15's in a 4th order on 3 NS-1's at 18v doing 63's. So the build design should be stellar.. it'll just be my job to make sure the build QUALITY gets translated! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif This will be my first "wall" build. It'll be my dad and I working on it hands on.

I'll be sure to share design qualities when I begin.

Timeline is as follows:

Ordering my Sky High wire, ring terminals, and shrink wraps at the end of this week. (Roughly $800 worth.. ouch). Then once I run all the wire, I'll be building the shell of the wall. At that point I can determine whether or not the 18's idea can be worked with. I'm thinking I can pull out 12-13 cubes without going to deep into the trunk area and complicating the build shape. Once I determine if the 18's will work, I will sell my Zv4 15's, order the Zv4 18's, my additional 2 D3100's and finish the wall as I wait for them. Once they come, I'll load in, hook up NS-1, and get this thing playing! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

My TC sunroof currently is functional, but losing its ability too... imagining this will really take its toll on the vehicle. Not sure what to say other than I'm glad I'm not trying to resell the dang thing. Hahaha.

Here's the overview of the electrical system. Drew it up last night.. I'm doing all my runs of power through the front battery to loop it in even more. Even though my alt is a 270.. we know that this thing is going to be drawing its loads from the battery banks quite a bit. So, I'm trying to consolidate battery power as much as possible so I can tap into it best!

Grounding at front battery. TC has poor frame grounds.

Here are new CNF Distribution battery terminals I just grabbed for my front battery because of all the connections to it!

Just a quick view at the shape of the pillars and the shape and size of the space we will have to work w/. These pictures were taken with my old setup still in just as a reference. That box is roughly 9.4 cubes net.... so we'll definitely have to flow into the trunk area a little but I order to muster a littl more than 11 cubes net for the 18's. Not to mention port area... so it's going to be tight, but thinking feasible nonetheless! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Really thinking port down the center on the wall... more to come when current box is removed from the car, measurements are taken and shell is made!

Worst case scenario... I'll wall w/ my 15's. Not too bad of a fall back IMO... either way, should be on my way to GAINS!

If all goes according to plan, I should be ripping out the previous box, port and woofers from the car tonight. Will be taking measurements for wire estimates, as well as measuring to check for airspace to see if we'll be able to accommodate the 18's! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

So, as planned... we got to gutting this fish tonight. My Dad Hercules'd the 300lb loaded enclosure out of the car somehow by the grace of the Greek gods... but here it is. Out in the open again. As you can see, my port was REALLY on there. Screws. Glue. Cocking. It was airtight to say the least. Off to do some measuring!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.