mechman not charging

juanmgarza26
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So I haven't been on for a while I was in a car accident today I was able to get some energy to get started on my truck again, first thing was first, the alt, mechman 270, got it hooked up and wired up with big 2 ran my power cables today and when I turned on the truck the voltage stayed at 12.7 baffled, so I figured I take out my amp and put a load on the electrical system to seeaybe 12.8 was going to be my charging voltage, nope the voltage dropped and got no higher again, the factory alt had the 3 pin oval with an extra yellow lead from the factory harness, I've looked for what this wire is connect ted to and can't find anything

you may wany to check that front battery. if its bad it could be acting as a load on the alt, i had this same problem and it turned to be a bad batt. i took it out and never had the issue again

On my singer I didn't need to use that yellow wire. On stock, it's a jumper, and on the ho alt, I had 3 wires, but Mike told me on mine I didn't need it since it's hooked up another way internally. He had it covered up, but I just wanted to be sure. I have a 03 f150 so I know what 3 wires you mean. I had to cut my stock harness and add the supplied harness.

I know our alts are different but may be similar in hookup.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.