Quick probably stupid question

I have what's in my sig. When I play a song such as on my level by wiz or that coca cola song they bump and sound good. But if I play something such as bass cannon it doesn't sound good at all. But I see people saying it's crazy and very loud but I don't have that experience.

I'm not that good with all this audio stuff but I would assume it has something to do with having a ported box. Because one of my buddies has two of some kind of Rockfords in a sealed box and it is loud.

I'm just wondering why songs like bass cannon dont sound good on my sub woofers.

Song probably plays lower than what the subs can reproduce. Best thing is to build and tune a ported box to your own listening preference, or run sealed. What kind of equipment are you running?

Song probably plays lower than what the subs can reproduce. Best thing is to build and tune a ported box to your own listening preference, or run sealed. What kind of equipment are you running?
Everything thats in my sig.

Amp is out for repair right now though so cant mess with it at the moment

Not every song will pound like the next. I used to play my silicon bass cd all the time. Love that cd, it's sounded like a champ. Play another cd & would sound like a JR slapped with cheese //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Not every song will pound like the next. I used to play my silicon bass cd all the time. Love that cd, it's sounded like a champ. Play another cd & would sound like a JR slapped with cheese //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Yeah. Some songs just dont even sound good at all it seems. or just not enough bass compared to others. Sometimes people will tell me to try a certain song because it was loud on their speakers. Then i try it and its just not that good. Obviously since im not that good with audio i probably dont have everything tuned to the best settings either.

Do you know what your box is tuned for? Depending on box size, port length, and port volume your box will work better with certain frequencies. 32ish is pretty standard for a daily music stereo. Some competition only are using 45hz tuned boxes. They dont play low motes as well but the higher noters are louder. I dont know any of the songs you mentioned. But is your box is tuned to higher frequencies and the basscannon song is really low. Its not going to plsy it optimally. It could also be crossovrrs. If you have your subsonic filter turned up you might be blocking some really low notes. Just a couple theories.

Do you know what your box is tuned for? Depending on box size, port length, and port volume your box will work better with certain frequencies. 32ish is pretty standard for a daily music stereo. Some competition only are using 45hz tuned boxes. They dont play low motes as well but the higher noters are louder. I dont know any of the songs you mentioned. But is your box is tuned to higher frequencies and the basscannon song is really low. Its not going to plsy it optimally. It could also be crossovrrs. If you have your subsonic filter turned up you might be blocking some really low notes. Just a couple theories.
I think i need to get familiar with what is a low or high frequency. I had my sub sonic filter at 25hz so i thought that meant it cut everything below 25hz off. Now do a lot of songs have bass notes below 25hz? I listen to a lot of rap/hip hop.

The songs with the lower bass play awesome. I guess its probably just what my box is built for. I had my high pass on 80hz and subsonic at 25hz. Sometimes the HP at 63hz.

Personally I wouldn't turn it all the way down, especially the way you say you play it. 1/ you'll end up burning your sub up, 2/ forcing the sub to play what's not contained in your audio will get you nowhere. Hell, I wouldn't even have it at 25 jmo.

things to consider.

1/ when others play music and they say it hits great, you don't know...sometimes they don't know...how their overall system is actually tuned---there's your difference

2/ one song hits harder than the other a lot of times simply has to do with the two songs being recorded and mastered differently---there's your difference

3/ (assuming you're using mp3...or mp3 vs better format...or your mp3 vs friends cd) lower bitrate cuts off freq, especially bottom end. Even if the track your playing claims a higher bitrate, it might actually be lower and up converted. Also, not all encoders are made the same, so two encoders doing 320kbps, one of them can be crap---there's your difference.

4/ your car itself can be absorbing certain freq---there's your difference.

5/ you could have some freq cancelation going on in your car and simply need to play with placement---there's your difference.

You will never have a music collection that all hits the same everywhere unless you remaster each track to how you want. I had to do that with about 30 of my tracks and all is good. Not everything can be fixed by the box, fixing that for one is simply going to throw off another track. Sometimes you should look at the source and/or environment. What you should do is 1/ tune your system to a middle ground for all your tracks and mess with your base knob every once in a while...never if you tune it right 2/ look at your source material/environment.

Note to source material, if you're bumping mix CDs, or copy's of them, CDs aren't what they used to be. A lot of them are simply mp3 burnt onto CDs.

My couple of cents, im sleepy so some of this might be incoherent, gl.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.