test ton db

Participant count
  • Participants list
today someone was trying to tell me tuning your system to a -5db test tone will be quieter than using say a 0 db test tone but from my understanding it was if your using a larger -db test tone you will in the end get a louder overall system if your playing regular music that you dont modify of course. Im kinda confused so if anyone could kinda clear me up or help that would be appreciated. Thanks!

today someone was trying to tell me tuning your system to a -5db test tone will be quieter than using say a 0 db test tone but from my understanding it was if your using a larger -db test tone you will in the end get a louder overall system if your playing regular music that you dont modify of course. Im kinda confused so if anyone could kinda clear me up or help that would be appreciated. Thanks!
the more negative the test tone the higher your gain will be set.

What you're talking about is gain overlap. We use attenuated test tones, not 0 db tones, so you can get normal music sounding good and still have room to adjust the volume higher for quieter sources.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.