Focal Access + Factory Bose System?

Participant count
  • Participants list

mr_naler

A friend of mine has a 2005 Trailblazer EXT. He wants to replace his front speakers. I suggested running a 2 way component set, and possibly amplifying them. Though, with running them off of the factory amplifier, I could put in better speakers.

What is your opinion on running Focal Access 5 1/4" 2-way components with the factory amplifier?

I don't know what the factory amp is actually rated for, but, the factory amp will be fine as long as the impedance of the new speakers isn't lower than the factory ones. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

you may experience a drop in power if it's to high though.

I would NOT advise to run them off the factory amp, polyglass lines are not that efficient, they need proper power and running them off a stock amp they aren't going to sound as good as they could.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

focals are extremely efficient. just wanted to note that
Maybe their cheaper ones but the higher end ones love power.

I would NOT advise to run them off the factory amp, polyglass lines are not that efficient, they need proper power and running them off a stock amp they aren't going to sound as good as they could. 

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

Maybe their cheaper ones but the higher end ones love power.
He mentioned the "Access" line... that's what I was referring to

to the OP twistedchild420 on youtube had a video of some focal access drivers on a stock headunit that was impressive

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.