Audio Anarchy 2006 F150 Blow Through

bbeljefe

CarAudio.com Elite
Here's a blow through I just did with a couple of Atomic Apocalypse 12s on a Crossfire BMF-1700. This guy wanted to hit the lows but didn't have the funds for new subs right now so, I built him a monster box tuned to 30Hz. It slams the low notes but it's actually still pretty loud even with enough air space to house a couple of 15s. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

We still have to finish the trimout on the cab, deaden the truck and upgrade the front stage but here are some box build and install pics along with a teaser video. The owner is a high school student and it was getting late when we got it playing so I didn't have time to take proper videos.

The bed cut was done by my friends Will and Justin at Nocturnal Kreations. They do great work and their plasma cutter makes these things go SO much easier!

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt42/bbeljefe/2006%20F150%20Blow%20Through/2013-12-29_19-02-50_201_zpsb6952182.jpg

2013-12-29_19-23-28_781_zpse461b432.jpg

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt42/bbeljefe/2006%20F150%20Blow%20Through/2013-12-29_19-43-31_278_zps1bec68ea.jpg

2013-12-29_21-04-54_860_zps44857cb0.jpg

2013-12-30_15-11-47_802_zps61bf5179.jpg

2014-01-31_23-48-18_393_zps2af59f51.jpg

IMG_0288_zpscde518f4.jpg

IMG_0290_zps9a15cf05.jpg

IMG_0291_zps5e6ae13f.jpg

IMG_0292_zps66d6768b.jpg

IMG_0294_zpsbb0ab926.jpg

how much did the whole install cost the guy? Looks very clean and sturdy.
Thanks man. It wasn't a cheap install, what with the plasma cutter's time and all of the other minutia but it was a good bit less than other shops, because that's the kind of work I'm set up for... by design.

I know that sounds like a cop out but I don't quote labor for jobs like this online or by phone and to be sure, I don't share what customers pay me. Most importantly, because some people don't want that information shared for whatever reason and secondly, because I would have to itemize a list of what I sold him and what I did in order that everyone who reads this would understand that not all of it was labor. And even if I did itemize things, there would be those who would take issue with certain prices, line by line, lol.

I hope you understand and again, thanks for the kind words. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Thanks man. It wasn't a cheap install, what with the plasma cutter's time and all of the other minutia but it was a good bit less than other shops, because that's the kind of work I'm set up for... by design.
I know that sounds like a cop out but I don't quote labor for jobs like this online or by phone and to be sure, I don't share what customers pay me. Most importantly, because some people don't want that information shared for whatever reason and secondly, because I would have to itemize a list of what I sold him and what I did in order that everyone who reads this would understand that not all of it was labor. And even if I did itemize things, there would be those who would take issue with certain prices, line by line, lol.

I hope you understand and again, thanks for the kind words. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
What do you mean people would take issue with your labor and materials costs. Don't you know you are only here/there to sell everything at or near cost and that you should be **** near giving your labor away. It's all for the love of Car Audio man. Geesh. Why do you shop owners need to make money? We just don't get it. Glad I'm not a shop owner.

I'll Stay tuned or future builds.

↑ LOL. Yeah man, it does sometimes seem like shops are expected to crank out quality work for next to nothing. But there's another side to that coin in that so many shops these days are cranking out poor quality work and charging a premium for it. So... customers have become incredibly price conscious as a defensive strategy, if that makes sense.

I'm trying to strike a balance between quality and profit and part of doing that is not talking about price until I've talked about the specifics of the build in depth with the customer. That way, they understand exactly where & why their hard earned money is being spent and I know exactly what I'm expected to do for my hard earned money. :)

I even invite my customers to watch what I'm doing in their vehicles, as that goes a lot further toward them feeling like they got a deal than me just telling them how much work I have to do. It's one thing to tell someone a story about something and quite another for them to witness what it takes to make a quality install come together. And in the end, my customers drive away with the feeling that they got a great deal on their build... regardless of what they spent.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.