Box for 2 Xcon 12s in Pontiac G6

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jasonc13
10+ year member

Hello All!

I have 2 new XCons 12s that are in need of a box to go in the trunk of a Pontiac G6. They will be powered by a BC3500 on strong electrical. Space is the limiting factor here. The largest external dims I can use are 25x35x13.5, which is 6.8ft^3 gross. I know this is not quite large enough for IDEAL volume, but I'm going to work with it.

Using Torres, I came up with this design for a side port:

What do you guys think of this plan?

Is 50in^2 enough port area?

Is 32Hz a good freq to tune?

Thanks for your advice/opinions here!

Jason

You need ALOT more port area, like 50% more. I haven't got to tinker around with tuning and my XCON as of yet, but I hear they like tuned low, 28-32Hz.

Sorry I didn't see the picture that you're going with ~4ft^3. I'd bump the port area up to about 60 sq in.

You need ALOT more port area, like 50% more. I haven't got to tinker around with tuning and my XCON as of yet, but I hear they like tuned low, 28-32Hz.
Sorry I didn't see the picture that you're going with ~4ft^3. I'd bump the port area up to about 60 sq in.
Nice Z btw! You think its better to sacrifice some net volume for more port area? In order to get 60in^2 port area and still tune to 32Hz, that will lower my net volume to 3.4ft^3. Thoughts?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.