what to do to my car?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigbirdy

hey guys its my first post here and thanks in advance for answering my questions;

i have a 1999 mercedes benz e320 that currently has 2 12" rockford fosgates running at 250 rms each.

i want to upgrade as these are not nearly as loud as i want them to be.

i want to put in 2 15" subs but im not sure what kinds to put in, and where to put them.

whats the loudest, most reliable 15" subs i can buy for under 200$

it can either replace the back seats, or ideally stay in the trunk. what will give it more oomph

thanks for helping out guys

Really depends on your trunk. 12s in the right box will do better than 15s in the wrong box. Go ported if you want loud bass. Go sealed if you want smaller boxes and tighter more sq oriented bass suggestions in the $200 range per sub new include sa subs, xfl subs ,obsidians dc lvl 2 ascendant arsenals tantric md or ld pick your poison

how much do you really want to spend... if your going over 1.5k rms your gonna need electrical upgrades including big 3 and AGM batteries. If your going over 2500 rms your gonna need better mids and highs to keep up with your system and also a high output alternator and extra batteries...

All advice aside, to answer your original question SoundQubed HDS315

I'm guessing he's keeping the 500 wrms amp he's got, considering he didn't mention a change in that.

However, I would take the $400 you have available, and get ONE 15 and a cheap amp that'll put out some decent power. I'd say run a BRX1100.1 on a SA15 and call it a day. I'm sure it'll sound way better and be much louder than the P3s or whatever you've got now. But you'd also wanna spend another $60-70 and buy the materials to build a proper ported enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.