straping two amps

Participant count
  • Participant list
why strap the amps when you have two subs. Just run each sub off their own amp.
i think its just a guarantee to have the subs play at the same time, same crossed over frequency and power so there will be minimal phase issue. Rather then just guessing if they are at the same settings or not.

basically the load needs to be in series. so if each amp would see a 1 ohm load from a sub, when theyre strapped you want the pair of amps to see 2 ohms

Model SDC2.515

Woofer Size 15"

Fs 33 Hz

Qts 0.643

Qes 0.705

Qms 7.405

Vas 44.340 l

Le mH 3.05

Sensitivity 1W/1m 85.69 dB

Magnet Weight 140 oz

Coil Diameter 2.5"

Useable Throw 2.0"

Xmax 25.4mm

RMS Power 600

Peak Power 1200

Mounting Depth 7.5"

Circle Cutout 14"

Model SDC2.515

here are the specs on the subs and im doing two focal 800.1s

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.