Sub/port direction in trunk

Participant count
  • Participant list

UGHH

CarAudio.com Elite
Having subs installed as soon as I get taxes. Gonna be 2 HDS210s in a 3-3.5 cuft box. It's going in the trunk of a 99 Plymouth breeze. My question is which way should I have the subs/port face? Keep in mind the box has to be up against the back seats, it's a family car also so I have to be able to get a stroller a **** in and out. When I don't have anybody in the back seat ill be able to put the back seats down. So which way should I face them? Pros and cons to each direction

No prob. When you face them back it makes your trunk work kind of like a 6th order box if the box is ported

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on enclosure design as well. Subs and port forward can sound amazing while being loud. So can port to the side if there is space for it.

I'm having a local guy (Sacramento area) I found build my box. Idyllic Enclosures. Gonna have him look at the car and space I have and see what he recommends also. I appreciate the input

I like mine all the way to the back of the trunk port facing up. Wen your not moving the stroller around do this u should like it more. For daily id go backwards facing. Foward facing sounds louder at lower volumes, but wen you bump it it's not the same imo

lulz. Dont worry about where the subs face but more where the port fires. try to make your design to where you can face the port in different directions by turning the box. it will shift your peak and bandwidth. mylows has no idea what he is talking about , ported box in the trunk rear firing makes it like a 4th order?

I'm having a local guy (Sacramento area) I found build my box. Idyllic Enclosures. Gonna have him look at the car and space I have and see what he recommends also. I appreciate the input
Come to autorama on feb 15-16. We have a db drag competition there. I can introduce you to a couple of locals to sac that can build your box. And give you what you want

Come to autorama on feb 15-16. We have a db drag competition there. I can introduce you to a couple of locals to sac that can build your box. And give you what you want
I was planning on trying to go at least one of the days as long as I'm not working. Hopefully I'll see you there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.