Sundown e-series 12" subs vs SA-15 difference?

Participant count
  • Participant list

cchheett
10+ year member

Oregon
Im just thinking of a project in a few months and am hoping anyone could suggest a set up. Rite now i have 2 subwoofers Sundown 12" e-series in my 99 Ford Ranger.Im using 1200 watts for the pair. I'm thinking of getting a 15" SA-15 instead. Will i notice the difference. I wanna keep my setup up around 1000 watts. I don't really know how much the SA is better etc. Thanks for any info. For this truck i Just listen to mainly rap. Ported box. my box is facing the back of my seats.

The 12s will be better. The SA15 is notorious for needing a lot of airspace to operate, and honestly wouldn't be my first choice for a 15" driver. Stick with the 12s, because the box size will be similar but with more cone area (louder) and more voice coil surface area to dissipate the power.

And with the correct enclosure the two 12s will play just as low as the SA. If you were willing to switch to two SA12s I would definitely recommend that swap.

I was thinking of using the SA-12's but I would need to get a new altinator, but thats something I might need. I like the loudness of the 12's i have now, but I really do want to get soemthing that hits the lowes a little more. Maybe i will have to go the 12's with the SA subs.. Just need to save money if i do that.

I was thinking of using the SA-12's but I would need to get a new altinator, but thats something I might need. I like the loudness of the 12's i have now, but I really do want to get soemthing that hits the lowes a little more. Maybe i will have to go the 12's with the SA subs.. Just need to save money if i do that.
The SA12 is an epic driver. Not the 10, or the 15, the 12. It's everything most people want in a subwoofer, even at lower (than rated) power levels. One of my personal favorites and I can promise you won't regret investing in some.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.