Another NOOB But Need Help.

Participant count
  • Participant list

manny53o

sorry guys and gals another noob here and to be honest i have not the slightest clue about car audio and from what ive read sounds like it can get pretty complicated. im just your everyday average person who listens to their radio when they drive to the store so not a huge car audio nut.

so here is my story. i just wanted a small little system in my truck with a little bit of bass nothin to far out there so i bought some jl audio 10' subs and an amp off of a buddy and them purchased an amp wiring kit.(i have a 2005 silverado with the bose system in it just for referance) i wanted to keep the stock head unit for the time being. so i went and had it installed at a local shop that seemed to know what they were doing.

well everthing was all good for the first week or so then i started hearing this loud noise coming from my subs. its kinda hard to explain but when my stereo is of or turned down or the truck is not moving i can hear this noise from the subs its almost like there is power surging to the subs to make them rumble but as soon as the truck gets moving it quites down and goes back to normal. it has gotten to the point where it is so loud and annoying i just unplugged the fuse in the amp. any idea what may be going on? sorry i cant give a more indepth explination of whats goin on but ill try and upload some video to youtube to give you an idea

Any respectable shop should fix it free of charge if you bring the vehicle and the problem to their attention. As long as its not somethin you have done, but from the sounds of things, this isn't the case.

Any respectable shop should fix it free of charge if you bring the vehicle and the problem to their attention. As long as its not somethin you have done, but from the sounds of things, this isn't the case.
i just contacted him and he said he could fix it its been like this for a while but im not a big complainer and he was fair with his pricing but i cant take it any longer its so annoying...... my question now is since i used the stock head unit would that be the cause of this at all or could it be a totally seperate issue?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.