Not happy

tat2bass
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Cali
Ok. I will start this off by saying that I am in this situation partially due to my own fault. I was busy with work and failed to test the unit out right away. As a result, I didn't ever get a chance to look at it until this past week and found it to be in the condition it is in. I know I shouldn't have waited so long to test it, but I was busy with work and he had good feedback scores so I thought it would be ok.

I bought a Pioneer 80PRS from @Madman11 ; back in November. I got it, opened the box to just see that it was in there and threw it in a shelf in my garage. Literally only looked at it for like 5 seconds.

I will start by saying that buying from him was very suspicious to start with. I sent a message asking if it was available and he told me it was. I sent the money to him immediately after. He sends me a message stating that I forgot to include shipping. So I send him the money for shipping. He then tells me to send my address to silveradoss as he had already sold the head unit to him and that silveradoss would be shipping the hint to me. Seemed odd, but as long as I received the unit I wasn't going to make a big deal about it. Kind of upset that he asked me to send him money for shipping if he didn't even have the unit.

So fast forward to earlier this week I finally am starting on my build. I pull the unit out and actually unwrap it from the paper and begin to see the condition it is in. There is rust on it, a lot of dirt/sand and just generally not in the condition that was described in the post. So I send him a message telling him.

I then went and bought a wire harness and decided to test it out. If it worked, I could get past the appearance. I care more about the functionality of it. So I hook it up and it powers on but it will not load cd's, Bluetooth doesn't work, and buttons stick. I didn't have a radio fm adapter so I couldn't test the radio output but tomorrow I will grab an aux cable and test that out.

I sent him the original message just saying that I was unhappy with the condition that it was in and asked for a refund. He has logged in since then and did not respond to me. Unfortunately I am past the 45 days to file a claim on Paypal so I can only ask him. If he decides he doesn't want to refund my money there is nothing I can do. I offered to ship the unit back to him at my expense. I just want the bulk of my money back. I am putting this on here in the hopes that he will want to make it right. Anyone who has done business with me knows me and that I'm not trying to scan anyone or anything like that. Just want what I paid for. I feel that he made the picture in the ad as small as he did to hide the condition.

Pics will follow in the next post

image_zpsdfa1fbf1.jpg

image_zpsa94fe456.jpg

image_zps508ff384.jpg

image_zps5ebe6cc2.jpg

image_zps257bc614.jpg

image_zps0ebdb328.jpg

image_zpsd90be854.jpg

image_zps4428b667.jpg

image_zps9e3c3993.jpg

image_zps9f17aafb.jpg

Yeah I had alot of issues my deal with him also.... But he made things right on my end..... hopefully he will do the same for you.....

**** man that blows. hopefully he will make it right. however, if i recall in a thread of mine that i had problems in you told me to always make an unboxing vid n test right away //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. I'm just busting your balls. hope everything works out.

**** man that blows. hopefully he will make it right. however, if i recall in a thread of mine that i had problems in you told me to always make an unboxing vid n test right away //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. I'm just busting your balls. hope everything works out.
I know. That was the first thing I thought when I was finding all this. Like I said, I got caught up with work and he had 10 positive feedbacks so I didn't think much of it. If I end up out of pocket for it, it'll be my fault for not testing it like I normally do.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that though.

It's awesome to see someone on here being classy about negative feedback lately, the past few have been so quick to flip. Hope everything gets made right. I totally understand the busy thing.

Yeah. Not trying to screw anyone or throw them under the bus. Just not happy with the condition and typically stuff being open and giving the person a chance to fix it works better than pissing them off

tat2bass is def a good guy. my transaction with him buying my product was seamless and i know hes a good guy.. hope everything goes good for you

Yeah I know. I was looking forward to having another 80prs. I had one in my 09 Camry se and loved it. But then I bought a ford cmax that had every option so I sold it and used the factory nav unit. I am gonna be using a 9500 series pioneer now. One level below but still would like to get another in the future

If you decide to part it out I want the little silver "wings" on the knob lol
That is actually the part that is rusted and sticks the most. Hard to get a great pic of the rust on my phone and I don't have a real camera

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

tat2bass

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
tat2bass
Cali
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies