2013 civic si system in progress

blowthemup
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Bought the car brand new and decided to put a nice system in it. Started out on a memphis mc16-1000d with 2 sundown audio sa-10s. Upgraded the amp to a sundown saz-2500d, pulled out the 4 gauge and ran o gauge and did the big 3. Got a xs power d5100r and decided I needed an alternator and lots more wire. Installed a 300 amp Singer alternator, just have to run some more 0 gauge to finish up the electrical for now. Will be getting a d3400 as soon as i can for the rear and will call the electrical done after that most likey. Then its on to the door speakers and sound deadening the entire vehicle. Have any questions just ask and ill try to get more better pics especially in progress pictures.

Clean install!

You did a great job building that box, design is nice, and I can tell you are a fairly talented craftsman with wood. (no pun intended lol)

Zero gauge is always overkill to me,.. but I like overkill to be honest. The 4 Gauge I ran throughout my car for 70x4 + 270 x 1 .. for one amp is a little overkill.. I have no doubt 8gauge would have powered it just fine...

Similarly I ran all new speaker wire replacing all the factory wiring,.. and ran 14 gauge KnuKonceptz wire when pretty much everyone told me I was being a moron and the factory wiring would "handle" my 900 watt amp just fine,.. And I don't doubt that, but I feel better that it's there.

Similarly you already have the "Big three" High output Alternator, Zero gauge wire, and a seriously expensive battery. You've prepped this car to literally handle most anything you throw at it now.

Like the previous poster I am curious at your factory mids and highs? Did you replace those? Or have you just put subs in it and are running factory mids/highs ?

If so, what are your plans for the Front stage?

Also, keeping that headunit? Or going to move to a Double Din headunit that is like a Mini-computer nowadays with DVD, CD, USB, Bluetooth, Touch screen, yadda yadda..

I know some people don't care anything about the way a headunit looks really, and like some of the Single dins for the Audio quality (not knocking the Head unit you have,.. just curious is all.)

All in all,.. everything you've done thus far looks like you certainly know what you are doing and are doing it right, which is what I like to see in these builds.

Oh,.. throw some tire shine on those tires, lol. That pretty new car and those dirty tires, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yeah my plan was to tackle the electrical first and make a solid foundation to start from. I'm disgusted with how dirty the car is, just been too cold to get the hose out. Running factory mids and highs at the moment but upgrading when funds allow. The factory speakers are amplified so they get loud and clear just no mid bass. I would like to switch to a double din unit but this pioneer is doing the job just fine for now. I actually plan on selling the 10s once I finish the rest of the system and I'm gonna go to two 12s or 15s. I refuse to pay someone for this type of work and I'm ocd about clean installs and looking good so I tend to do everything my self.

You don't have any snow on the ground and it's bright as hell out. I don't wanna hear you say it is to cold. Lol
That first picture is actually from summer time, and its been below freezing every night for the past month here. Crappy DOT has been wasting our tax money salting our roads and it doesn't even snow here and haven't had rain in two weeks. I try not to use auto carwashes either cause they will eventually leave micro swirls and holograms over time, especially on a black car which I have to fix later with the buffer. But I would have to agree I shouldnt complain being its sunny and not snowing.

That first picture is actually from summer time, and its been below freezing every night for the past month here. Crappy DOT has been wasting our tax money salting our roads and it doesn't even snow here and haven't had rain in two weeks. I try not to use auto carwashes either cause they will eventually leave micro swirls and holograms over time, especially on a black car which I have to fix later with the buffer. But I would have to agree I shouldnt complain being its sunny and not snowing.
I'm just jelly lol. I plan on moving to Virginia, either Carolina's, Georgia, or Florida in the near future so I'm kind of excited

I'm just jelly lol. I plan on moving to Virginia, either Carolina's, Georgia, or Florida in the near future so I'm kind of excited

Wow man car looks awesome and system is clean and look great...waiting for demo video //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.