New Ride

Spl4200

CarAudio.com Elite
So i found out im getting more back then i expected. So im going to be spending aroung 3-4k on a car... looking for advice on what car you would like to do a build in. ( Im a big box guy who loves his lows) ill be spending about 1500 on my build. i drive about 70 miles round trip, so good gas mileage is a must. Subaru outback wagon? Ive owned one and i loved it.. Awd is a plus. We get nasty weather up here. If your local with a car for sale let me know.

Thanks for your time and advice

P.s. just to make my question clear.. what car and why?

2001-subaru-impreza-wrx-s-2_600x0w.jpg

find one of these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honda crv's can be had for 3-4 grand and don't have the head gasket issues older outbacks have. Easier and cheaper to get alts also for a common b series Honda motor. All that said the outback is a cooler vehicle though.

2001-subaru-impreza-wrx-s-2_600x0w.jpg

find one of these.
If you can find a Wrx wagon that's not completely trashed or has over 200k on it for 3-4 grand I'd be amazed. We just sold my wife's 2002 Wrx to get her a legacy limited and we got $5100 for it , it had slight fender well rust , a weakening turbo , needed the front bumper resprayed and was an auto.

Hows the crv on trunk space? I wish subaru would have fixed the head problem... they do hold there value. ***** for me, but I was able to get 296k out of my 01 outback limited. Timing belt broke and took the motor with it.. or id still be driving it today.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

My wife had a Focus wagon a few years back. I really liked that little car. Had plenty of room in the back and great gas mileage. 4k would get you a decent one. Just an idea...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.