2 4ohm subs & 2 8om subs - Proper Wiring Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

anger
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
You can't. Assuming they are all single coil, you're looking at 1.33 ohms if all wired to parallel. The 8 ohm subs will see less power. Why not just get 4 matching? I would just use the two 4 ohmers or the 2 8 ohmers.

like said above its impossible to wire them to 1 ohm and the 2 8 ohm subs will be seeing less power. If you have all 4 subs in the same enclosure the difference in power level will probably cause some cancellation too

Basically, I pulled 4 Punch HE 12's (8 ohms) out of truck I just sold, bought a truck that had 2 JL W1 10's (4 ohms) under back seat, and just wasn't enough. I have a RF T1000-1bdCP that was pushing the 4 12's and am just trying to utilize what I've got. I feel like all 6 subs are too much for that amp so am considering running the 2 10's, still under the back seat, and 2 of the Punch HE's in the center console.

Should I just be looking to sell what I've got and buy a better application, or you think I can make this work?

Sorry for being unclear, I'm jus not sure what my end goal is yet...looking for advice

1 ohm not a necessity, just know thats what my current amp is capable of.

Ok, so running different subs = bad idea?

to Side Show: the amp that was running the existing 10's wasn't working when I purchased the truck.. was this amp

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/510269-directed-d1200-amp.html

I replaced with an amp with similar specs to get some sound.

to Milk Mayne: I've got an F150 SuperCrew and space is limited.

I guess, at this point, I'm looking for suggestions..what would you do?

I'm definitely not opposed to running the 4 Punch HE's, but I've got them sitting on top of my back seat as of now, and they can't stay there. I can't fit all 4 in a center console box and keep all 3 back seats, which I'd like to do.

Though I'd rather do it myself, I'm willing to pay for an enclosure, but am skeptical of shops around here as they feel overpriced and the workmanship is not awesome!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

anger

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
anger
Ventura County, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date