Permit To Play Music LOUD!?!?

orphe
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Houston
I was at a block party over the weekend and a cop pulled up and told me my music was too loud and if I need to play it at that level I need to get a permit.

So I searched a bit and came across a youtube video of a guy playing his music for a demo and a cop shows up. He says he has a permit to do so and shows the cop.

How can I obtain such a permit? What forms do you ask for?

It is different for each state, county, and city. Most of those permits are good for a time frame. Like a single date and a limited window of time. They also have the right to revoke that permit at any time.

It is different for each state, county, and city. Most of those permits are good for a time frame. Like a single date and a limited window of time. They also have the right to revoke that permit at any time.
From what I check so far those are for like concert events and club businesses.

Im trying to find one for ppl such as car audio competitors or installers.

I was at a block party over the weekend and a cop pulled up and told me my music was too loud and if I need to play it at that level I need to get a permit.
So I searched a bit and came across a youtube video of a guy playing his music for a demo and a cop shows up. He says he has a permit to do so and shows the cop.

How can I obtain such a permit? What forms do you ask for?
i would assume that video was at a competition. you usually need a permit to host a comp

A lot of ppl DON'T KNOW THEIR RIGHTS.
Only rights you have with a cop or cops in your face is turn it down or go to jail. The permit means NOTHING to them if they've had enough complaint calls and wanna be dbags.

One show last year cops came out 5 times, then a constable. Another show cop said he would write a noise ordinance ticket to anyone that metered/played their stereo.

Maybe you guys just aren't loud enough to get the cops to show up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

well any decent, well organized audio show or db event would contact the police and notify them of times and place they want to have the event, if it's too close to houses or businesses they will ask you to hold the event somewere else. if the police get a noise complaint call they no what it is for and can tell them that by such and such time they will be gone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.