Subwoofers not working ugh!

sundown-4-life

US
Car Setup

2 Sundown SA-8 D2 (each wired to 2 ohms)

Kenwood KAC-9105D 1800 watt amp w/ 4 gauge wiring kit

Alpine CDE 121 HU

Here is my issue.

Amp shows it is receiving power but the subs are not on. I know this could be many different issues, but I believe this is a loose RCA cable in the headunit. I checked the ground and there are not loose wires, the gain is properly set and the subs are not fried (aka blown voice coil). Is this a proper assumption to make? Also I am aware that the factory RMS is 500 watts but I am also under the impression that these subs were built for abuse. How many watts above the RMS value would it be safe to go?

Car Setup2 Sundown SA-8 D2 (each wired to 2 ohms)

Kenwood KAC-9105D 1800 watt amp w/ 4 gauge wiring kit

Alpine CDE 121 HU

Here is my issue.

Amp shows it is receiving power but the subs are not on. I know this could be many different issues, but I believe this is a loose RCA cable in the headunit. I checked the ground and there are not loose wires, the gain is properly set and the subs are not fried (aka blown voice coil). Is this a proper assumption to make? Also I am aware that the factory RMS is 500 watts but I am also under the impression that these subs were built for abuse. How many watts above the RMS value would it be safe to go?
Are they wired correctly?

Yes i just went out to my car and checked everything. The subs are wired properly and the rca cable seems to be firmly in place. Do you think it may be internally within the HU?

Try the battery test first, place a double A battery on the speaker leads from the amp and listen if it makes subs any kind of sound, if it doesn't you have a break along the speaker wire or your subs are blown.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.