Weird scratching noise from sub when I move amp????

Participant count
  • Participant list

ta2ed9783

Senior VIP Member
I have pic below. Its a temporary wiring job. But, if I push down on the sundown amp it puts a scratchy bass like sound through the sub. What could be causing this? Is it a bad amp? I have 3/" foam strips under sides to elevate and keep out vibration till I make my rack. Power dist, ground distr, remote, rca's and speaker wires all under back seat.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Could the Fosgate be too close to it when I put seat up? I dont think they are touching but might be. Just barely

I had an issue with one of my old Crossfire amps that would make the sub sound like it had coil rub at times.

It turned out to be the XO adjusting pot/switch was dirty. A shot of contact cleaner took care of that....

So check all the switches and knobs to see if that could be the issue...

so you sub makes a scratching noise when you press on the cone, even when the systems not on?

then the issues is with the sub and has nothing todo with the amp.

get a DMM and test the voice coils of the sub, one may be blown

No, its when I push on amp

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Think I could have a stray wire strand touching amp or something? Could it cause that?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.