My weekend old school scores

Participant count
  • Participants list

thevic24
5,000+ posts

my silence is deadly...
Found my Unicorn amp this weekend. Crossfire CFA555 5ch. VERY rare and is nearly the exact same as the Fultron Memphis Belle.

40x4 and 140x1 @ 4ohms/12.5v. The only difference between the 2 is the Crossfire's sub ch is mono and the Fultron is a 6ch rated @ 40x4 and 75x2.

The CFA555 is just as under rated as my other CFA amps. I have since toughed up the areas that needed it and she is now a very show worthy amp! Excellend SQ and great output.

And then I scored this old school power house. Kicker ZR600. Do not see the 600's often. This one has a plexiglass bottom. She is one big, heavy, class a/b power house beast and did I mention a current hog too?

Now I just need the end caps for the 600...

On a side note...the ZR600 makes 821 watts rms @ 4 ohms bridged.....

and still has head room to boot! Not to mention the power supply coil is huge!

yeah, I've seen so many of the older crossfire amps cooked due to idiots wiring way down to like .5 ohm ect..... dam they get sooo hot befor they smoke tis halerious

yeah, I've seen so many of the older crossfire amps cooked due to idiots wiring way down to like .5 ohm ect..... dam they get sooo hot befor they smoke tis halerious
Ah...yes....

I have a CFA 30hc that is rated for .5 stereo or 1 ohm bridged. Has the high power/high current fuse positions on the back. In most of my testing, she makes about the same power at 1and 2 ohms stereo and bridged.

But yes, she can get warm. The others do not....at least not using them as they are intended.

Now the Kicker ZR600.....I cooked breakfast on her this morning...lol

On a side note...the ZR600 makes 821 watts rms @ 4 ohms bridged.....and still has head room to boot! Not to mention the power supply coil is huge!
Kicker zr amps are by far my favorite os amps.Good find.

I loved all my old-school Kicker amps....ZX460 was a beastly lil amp. I have a handful of modules/accessories for the zr/zx line collecting dust somewhere...I may be able to help with endcaps...I'll have to check in the my garage during my lunch break.

I scored an Audiomobile MASS 12 about a month ago for $65 from Craigslist!

I would love to find a Kicker DX700 to push it.

I have 3 endcaps, 2 are the grayish second gen, 1 is pained black. I also have a black sink-link, a ZX x-over module, and the dual-docking module. All have been sitting in my garage for many years are a lil rough. You can have em all for the cost of shipping if you want. I figure a large usps flat box would cover it. $15ish I think.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.