Item(s) for Sale:

Focal access 165a1

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Good working condition

Price:

$60 shipped lower 48 pm me

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

I had them for a year. They have been sitting on a shelf for 6 months. Dude there coaxial a the tweeters are attached and they don't have crossovers

How did you like these? I've heard good things.
They are pretty impressive for a entry level type coax. Tweeters can be a little fatiguing if you put power on them

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

I checked crutchfield.com and they said these wouldn't fit in my car. Could you measure the diameter and depth so I can check car and see if they will work?
What year,make model car? I am a installer I can tell you if or what you'll have to do to make them fit. Crutchfield's guide is for drop in fitment

Oh cool thanks. It's a 1990 Mazda Miata. I currently have a 50x2 rms JBL amp to drive them but if I can get it cheap enough I'll be getting a 75x2 rms bazooka amp.
You've got about 3.5" of mounting depth, you could probably get away with using a simple spacer ring and that 50x2 JBL amp would be my recommendation for use. In that little car those Access will def light up your sound. Those are some great sounding speakers.....

Oh cool thanks. It's a 1990 Mazda Miata. I currently have a 50x2 rms JBL amp to drive them but if I can get it cheap enough I'll be getting a 75x2 rms bazooka amp.
You've got about 3.5" of mounting depth, you could probably get away with using a simple spacer ring and that 50x2 JBL amp would be my recommendation for use. In that little car those Access will def light up your sound. Those are some great sounding speakers.....

He is right about the depth. There is plenty of room. The problem with those cars is the stock grill is for a 5.25 speaker. What I used to do with them was pull stock speaker, add spacer reinstall door panel cut stock grill out of door and use new speakers grill on face of door panel. I don't have the grills for the focals so you'd have to find a grill. Stick with your JBl amp

What's the worst that could happen if the grill is not big enough for the speaker? There are some 6.5" speakers in it now. The actual opening in the metal is 5.5" though so I'm guessing the speaker size is measured from the mounting points?

919motoring I sent you a pm.
I have a bunch of Focal Grills if you end up needing some, and I'm local too. I am running the same set of Focals in my wife's Jimmy and she loves them. I would definitely recommend buying these. I can probably help with the install too if you need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...