Engine noise..

Participant count
  • Participant list

anders1127
10+ year member

So I just installed a Soundstream Dtr4.500 and wired only two channels so far to two tweeters and two horns, I'm running the signal from my mono amp which gets it's signal from a Stinger Line out converter, I've grounded all places possible, changed the RCA's to straight to the line out and there's still the whining noise. The sub has never had any distortion like this, probably since the low pass doesn't pick it up. I also even bought into the "ground loop isolator" by Stinger, but the problem is still there just as badly. What should I do?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Sounds like a ground loop, especially with the hokey ground. I'd ground to the body, do the big three. Run a ground from the radio to the amp's...
Hello!I'm in France and I can't register on Hifiengine for unknown reasons and i need to download the service manuals for Blaupunkt Baden Baden...
Then I don't really seen the need to run a ground directly from the alt, but given your situation, it can't hurt.
I would run another ground wire to cleaned off metal. Sometimes there is a Metal Bracket under the dash that generally work well. You can try...
Nice looking RCAs. Most vehicles these days have quite a bit of wiring to go back to the vehicle lighting ect that run along the bottom door...

About this thread

anders1127

10+ year member
anders1127
United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from