Prerunner F150

FurbiesAndBeans
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Corona, CA
I've been out of the game for a while due to having a family, but just got a new toy and will be looking into putting a sound system.

Details are still fuzzy and budget is fuzzy at the moment as well, but it will definitely be a complete build. The build will probably go very slowly due to funds //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

My wants:

Double-DIN head unit w/ TVs in the rear headrests

6.5" Comps in the front, probably DD or ID? Open to opinions.

Absolute EVD-2200 (~1000w rms, already have it)

6.5" Coax on the rear to match with the front.

Subwoofer section I have no idea, looking for ideas

Non-audio:

Paint the fiberglass

Get the rear suspension done, deavers and bypasses with minimal bed cage

Finish the front suspension

Bumper in the front

37" tires

The truck:

QkhjLkU.jpg

pAOhYID.jpg

Im working on a single sundown sd10 ported to slip under the back seat of my 05 SCrew. Great lookin truck
Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Didn't know sundown had a shallow mount now! Do you have the build plans for the box by any chance? Wondering how you can get that much mounting depth under there, or did you raise the seats?

Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Didn't know sundown had a shallow mount now! Do you have the build plans for the box by any chance? Wondering how you can get that much mounting depth under there, or did you raise the seats?
I guess their version of a shallow mount is 5" lol. No it doesn't look like the seat will have to be raise but it will be fairly tight. I dont have it drawn in Sketchup up yet cause I'm still working out the port details. I'm hoping to get it drawn up by the weekend so I can start cutting and screwing, but I will let you know when i get it drawn and send a copy to you. From the F150 forums that I have looked at there is a serious lack of any basic car audio knowledge, just a bunch of guys going to walmart and buying boxes and 6x9"s for under the seats lol.

I guess their version of a shallow mount is 5" lol. No it doesn't look like the seat will have to be raise but it will be fairly tight. I dont have it drawn in Sketchup up yet cause I'm still working out the port details. I'm hoping to get it drawn up by the weekend so I can start cutting and screwing, but I will let you know when i get it drawn and send a copy to you. From the F150 forums that I have looked at there is a serious lack of any basic car audio knowledge, just a bunch of guys going to walmart and buying boxes and 6x9"s for under the seats lol.
As a rule I don't really like f150's. But that is badass as heck man. You have no idea how jealous I am. Lol

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Didn't mean to quote you? My bad. Lol

****** truck im in for this build I didnt know they made pre runner fords
They don't. It has fiberglass bedsides and one-piece hood. JD Fab long travel kit (pulls 16", strapped at 15") with an engine cross member with dual rate king shocks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.