Bad amp? Or install error?

Participant count
  • Participant list

skateguy92
10+ year member

MO
So I bought a BNIB AQ200.2 about a month ago off of here and just now got around to install it.

I got everything ran and went to turn it on and the amp is not powering on at all.

I have power at the amp from the main supply.

I have power at the amp from remote lead.

Ground is only a foot or so long and to a main bolt in the cargo area... should be fine...

Just getting zero, zip, nada from the amp.

Did I get sold a bunk amp? or am I missing something on the install?

You can find if your ground is right or not. Get a volt meter, put it to measure ohms (resistance). Take a speaker wire and run it from the negative post to where your ground is. Hook up the volt meter to the cable and to your ground. If it reads something, the error is somewhere else. If it doesnt read anything, it's a bad ground.

I did check the fuse by the battery and it was fine. Just for my own knowledge if that fuse was blown, I wouldn't be seeing power at the amp correct?

I will check the ground when I get home tonight, thank you.

Had my girlfriend take it to a stereo shop today and it looks like I was sold a bad amp. They got the amp to come on in protection mode or something but they said its has something wrong internally. I couldn't even get it to come on at all.

Any idea of where to get this fixed or is it even worth it?

I also bought this off of a member here. Any chance the previous owner knew about this and tried to pass it off? It did come with the original packing but it would be pretty easy to take it in/out of.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.