How many volts can my sub take? JL 12 W6v2-4

HAWKONER

CA
I am wondering how many volts I should set my amp to put out.

The sub is a JL 12W6v2 wired at 2 Ohm. AMP is a JL JX1000/D

I'm measuring the voltage with a digital multimeter and a 50Hz tone.

The manual says the amps target AC voltage at 2 ohm is 44.7V.

I'd bet about anything that your sub is NOT a 2 ohm load at 50hz. If you're dead set on trying to use some sort of measurement equipment to set gains you should understand ohm's, and understand what an impedance curve is, and have a means to measure impedance at any given frequency.

Okay thanks for your reply I'm trying to figure it out. I found an ohm law calculator, if I want to give my sub 600w of power do i use a DMM to set the amp to put out 34.6 volts at 2 ohm??

Sorry if my questions dont make any sense its quite confusing for me.

Find your 75% volume of your head unit. Then unplug the speaker wire from the amp. Play your tone at 75% of full volume. I like to put the probes into the speaker wire clamps on the amp and tightennthe set screws onto the probes so you dont have to hold them. Set gain until you get your target of 44 volts. Thats about it. Hook your subs back up and listen to it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.