Need help, lights dim at regular volume, volume drops, and battery is dead.

AztecPenguinMex

Hello, I am running a Hifonics BX1205D 1200 watt amp for my sub and a MB Quart ONX2.100 400 watt amp for my fronts.

I finally built an enclosure for my SR124-DVC and hooked it up too. I am very inexperienced when it comes to car audio, but I had a friend helping me out.

I have two questions... The primary one regarding the electrical problem I am facing. What to do? My friend said to replace my battery (it's a small after market one). He said it would cost me about 200ish. I just need info, or links please. I have a 2000 Honda Passprort btw.

The question is regarding SQ. The enclosure I built (ported, friend designed it) is very loud and even had my entire body shaking. Although it is a fun listen, it is far from what I wanted from my system. I do primarily listen t hip hop and edm, but this bass is absolutely ridiculous to truly enjoy what I am listening to. I want the bass notes to hit tighter and not during 99% of the song. Think high-end, bassy headphones, yet without really taking away from the highs too much. Is there anything I can do, or should I just build a sealed enclosure? I have enough MDF to make one.

Easiest thing to di is to turn down the amp till it meets your needs qs far as loudness goes.

the ported box looks decent idk the specs bit I would built 2.5cubes tuned to 36hz with 15sq inches of port per cube.

That would smooth out the response and tuning in the mid to high 30s will give you the punchiness you want

Right now the amp is the weakest link. As far as the battery goes bring the car in to autozone and have them test the alt and batt its free and worth doing.

I'd just make a sealed enclosure if you want tighter more sq type bass. as for the battery look for agm and whatever is the biggest you can fit in the factory spot.

Bass being present throughout the song is in the song, it's not a setting you set to make it do that. You could always turn the SSF up I guess, but then you would be missing some of the music.

Bass being present throughout the song is in the song, it's not a setting you set to make it do that. You could always turn the SSF up I guess, but then you would be missing some of the music.
I know.. But not when your listening to some classic rock and the bass is still pretty loud. Not when your shaking the cars around you. Not when the bass is like 50x stronger than the the front speakers. I truly do enjoy plenty of bass, but I like it to compliment the music, rather than feeling like an 8.9 earthquake.

Easiest thing to di is to turn down the amp till it meets your needs qs far as loudness goes.
the ported box looks decent idk the specs bit I would built 2.5cubes tuned to 36hz with 15sq inches of port per cube.

That would smooth out the response and tuning in the mid to high 30s will give you the punchiness you want

Right now the amp is the weakest link. As far as the battery goes bring the car in to autozone and have them test the alt and batt its free and worth doing.
It's a 2ft^3, frequency is 35.25 Hz. I guess I'll have to turn down the amp and see what's up.

I'd just make a sealed enclosure if you want tighter more sq type bass. as for the battery look for agm and whatever is the biggest you can fit in the factory spot.
More than likely I will do that, might as well use up that MDF I have :)

well buying a battery will help yes but over all how much rms you looking at right now with your system from your mids and high amp to the bass amp in total?

in my eyes if I was doing lets say 2k rms I would want about 4k rms in battery just to buff it out from the fact Im not going to upgrade an alternator. but the cheapest way to look at this on the long run is if you are wanting more bass more overall in a few years might as well start with upgrading your alt to the biggest one and not worrying in the long run about 1 thing at the most.

I know.. But not when your listening to some classic rock and the bass is still pretty loud. Not when your shaking the cars around you. Not when the bass is like 50x stronger than the the front speakers. I truly do enjoy plenty of bass, but I like it to compliment the music, rather than feeling like an 8.9 earthquake.
You haven't heard anything actually loud, have you?

But PAC LC-1. It will solve all your problems. It's wonderful.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.