suggestions on infinite baffle 15, 18, or 21" 2004 infiniti G35 trunk

im pretty sure i can fit dual 15 or 18" woofers, or a single 21" woofer in the trunk of my infiniti, i can face it forward , sealing off the trunk area from the cabin area. the seats dont fold down, but do have a 6" gap between the rear deck and the back of the seat (the seats recline if needed that 6", but are never in the reclined position)

so basically i have a 6" x width of the rear seat section for the forward cone movement to work with.

i have 3 american bass VFL 12's currently (very old school ones, late 99 models, or early 00 models) and im not really happy with the sound, my old car had the subs firing into the cabin area and the sound was ALOT cleaner, i think infinite baffle might get me into a happier place.

any suggestions on infinite baffle 15 18 or 21" woofers would be great, ive been out of the subwoofer purchasing game for about 10 years

my current systems (in cars i own right now) are a pair of infiniti kappa 10.1 in a 2005 silverado, two diamond audio CM3 D4 10's in a pontiac vibe, and three AB VFL 1222 in my 04 G35

matthew

pyle blue waves.....search diyma for info
if you can get past the look these actually sound fantastic.

if you are looking for something that sounds good and gets loud then you have a few more options, how much power do you have on tap?

Matt

Any woofer you can find with a low BPF (Fs/Qes) that has a lower Vas than the next driver. I've had great luck with JL W6s in RDO IB, Rockford punch p3s IB, and even Dayton subs. If I can have good results with these I'm sure you can find a higher quality driver to suit your needs. If you're looking for an actual IB woofer try the Fi IB3. (does Fi have a website? :p)

i have an american bass XD-1800 amp, realistically its 1200W RMS at 1 OHM, probably 900-1000 at 2 OHM, it currently running three old school american bass VFL 1222 subwoofers, im looking at the FI IB3 woofers, but didnt know if there was many others out there, i really like LOUD and CLEAR, i can sacrifice some loud, for more clear.

matthew

i believe the FI ib3 is basicly the best of the bunch - but i also hear people enjoying the image dynamics - they have a line thats ib capable

i was wanting to do the same with my car but i can only fit in 4 10s and there are verry few 10" ib capable in my budget ( needing 4 )

what i hear from everyone anywhere is the more cone area = your loud so try to fit as much cone in as you / budget allows

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.