New head unit working, removed line out converter now NO power

Participant count
  • Participants list

amayseng

Installing a Pioneer 3500bhs, all was working then I removed the line out converter that was on my stock to properly run my rcas to the sub out and then NO power at all to the HU.

checked HU fuse, CAR radio fuse, all good.

I am clueless guys and appreciate any of your help

i also checked all my connections.

i wired all the harness, plugged it in it powered right on and even tried a dvd. worked great.

then realized i still had line converter hooked up and removed it. then never pwer to HU again

could it be another fuse besides the interior car radio fuse?

Your amp powers up, is the remote line for your amp connected to your head unit? And, do you have a multimeter of some sort of voltage detector?
the remote from the amp, i believe it is connected to the car wire harness...........thanks for the help btw

should it be wired to the head unit harness?

Your amp powers up, is the remote line for your amp connected to your head unit? And, do you have a multimeter of some sort of voltage detector?
like i mentioned before the head unit was powering up fine, disconnected it then disconected line converter reconnected and nothing....

Yeah, that head will have a blue/white wire on its harness, it should go to the remote connection on the amp. Also, there is a 10 amp fuse on the radio itself. Make sure it is not blown. If you have no test equipment, make some. Take a bulb(interior light, tail light, fricken christmas tree light bulb and hook a wire to positive and negative on the bulb. Plug into your harness at the radio, if there is power, move to your fuse box, remove fuse, check it, if it's good, plug yor bulb in where the fuse was, no light? keep moving up the circuit. Look for a main accessory fuse and do the same thing.

figured it out. when i removed the inline converter somehow the power wire from the stock displaced.

fixed it with a wire nut and all is in working order.

this pioneer head unit has very clear sound and now my RF amp and P2D4 10" is straight pounding with great SPL. wow am I impressed.

the HU is very intuitive and the touch screen is excellent in its response.

THANK you all for the assistance , truly appreciated during a time of frustration.

btw I run all Home audio Pioneer units with Cerwin Vegas and have for 15 years, stellar performance and reliability. I buy mid level or high end that is

perhaps last years models for discounts and Pioneer is solid.

I am impressed with the RF audio as well, I almost went JL or Sundown but gave RF a shot and am happy.

I have been out of the car audio game for 14 years, sold my stuff when my son was born but am now back in it....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.