Overpaid for poor Installation (whatdo?)

tryan77
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Milwaukee
I recently stopped in a shop that has been around for some time and asked for advice on what I should install. I am keeping the stock head unit because it is integrated into the entire vehicle so I was told that for my budget a Hertz HCP4 amp, JLC5-650's and Bit Ten processor would be a good start. I decided to have it done professionally as the wiring in my vehicle is a bit hairy. Well, I got the vehicle back and it sounds no better than the stock system the vehicle came with. They amped and processed the rear stock speakers. There is a loud hiss through the components when the Bit Ten is turned up. The setup isnt loud at all and i get distortion and clipping at medium levels. I was told when I returned to complain that i need a bigger amp than what was SUGGESTED to me ($1700)! When i asked him why their guy would reccomend that amp to me he said the guys is really just a clerk and learning the business WTF? He also said that he used a JL C2 crossover for one of the C5's because their inventory got messed up but the right crossover is ordered and on its way. I put $500 down to order the equipment and start the install but I dont even want to go back to have them clean up the mess. Can someone please tell me what my options are at this point? Keep in mind that this is an "authorized" hertz/audison JL dealer.

Any help is appreciated.

Contact the shop owner and demand a full uninstall and refund. If they refuse, contact the manufacturer of the products and let know what their dealer has done to you.

Contact the shop owner and demand a full uninstall and refund. If they refuse, contact the manufacturer of the products and let know what their dealer has done to you.
This^^^ I wouldn't let them ''fix'' anything.You know for a fact they are incompetent.Demand a full refund.So hard to find good shops anymore.Good luck tryan77.

This^^^ I wouldn't let them ''fix'' anything.You know for a fact they are incompetent.Demand a full refund.So hard to find good shops anymore.Good luck tryan77.
Thanks - I wish I knew what the heck i was doing and i wouldnt have this problem. I dont mind paying but at least let me get my money's worth.

Thanks - I wish I knew what the heck i was doing and i wouldnt have this problem. I dont mind paying but at least let me get my money's worth.
There are a few good guys on here from Wisconsin.Maybe somebody could help you out.

that *****, im from madtown wi and i havnt had any.good experiences with any shops in the area except Rax in Jainsville Wi. I wouldn't purchase equipment from there tho. but his installs are nice. if i were you call and try to get a refund, do whatever is in your power. words can do so much for you. if you get a refund start over. use the internet and attempt to learn to install yourself.

i didnt know sh1t when i started. but i learned over time
neither did I. But before I started thinking about installing anything, I came to sites like this to read. This way if I mess something up, it's my fault and didn't have to lose money for someone else's lousy labor.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.