noon question and subwoofer selection

Participant count
  • Participants list

lilsullivan04
10+ year member

I have a GMC Sierra EXT cab truck and want to get a single 15" sub and run it with a sundown amp or a DD amp. My question is what would sound and handle better than the other a 15" Fi SP4, RE XXX 15", IDMAX 15", or a DD 3515? I'm looking for SQL with some good thump as well. Thanks in advance!

I feel like you can't really go wrong with any of those. Just pick one with a decent price. You'll probably get the most votes for the DD and Fi and the least for the RE.

I have a GMC Sierra EXT cab truck and want to get a single 15" sub and run it with a sundown amp or a DD amp. My question is what would sound and handle better than the other a 15" Fi SP4, RE XXX 15", IDMAX 15", or a DD 3515? I'm looking for SQL with some good thump as well. Thanks in advance!
Well based on price and power of the subs u named the 9515 would be a better option ...

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

idmax will be more sq than the others imo.... but the dd and fi for the spl.... the re will prob be in the middle of the two
Idk man 35 series is supposed to be a very very nice sounding woofer

the fi sp4 is not for spl its a daily beater meant to play low. the opposite of a spl sub. the original re xxx was not a spl sub either.
They are spl woofers they are just geared towards putting up numbers at lower freq..

i recommend spl4's daily but i wouldn't use them for spl. thats just me.
Depends on your goals ... If your trying to break a 50 at 20 hrtz I think they would be highly considered .. Along with the other monster low end subs

Depends on your goals ... If your trying to break a 50 at 20 hrtz I think they would be highly considered .. Along with the other monster low end subs
if he wanted to break 50 at 20 then he wouldnt be asking his question. just saying.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.